Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: Have you no shame, Sony?

I'm 41, didn't realise that you were 82, I am so very sorry for calling you boy. Oh wait, you mean you were born in 1982? Hahaha, you pleb.

Anyway, you must be American to spell "patronize" that way, which makes your invalid comments invalid.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 65 (251 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

MaxiM_82 wrote:

Back on topic though. Sony promised us a decent browser back in 2009. Oh look, it's 2012 - time flies when you are Sony. Why do you think even Machinima guys are making fun of it?

"Decent" does not and has never meant "amazing". 

Decent = Better than nothing.

Given this, I think the fact that I am posting here using the PS3's browser right now certainly means it can be classified as decent.

Also, Machinima make fun of it because that's what they do, provide entertainment, be it via sketches or game commentaries, etc, etc.

Seeing as you appear to be a rather joyless individual, I can see how that managed to slip you by.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 65 (239 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

General_Unknown wrote:

MaxiM_82 wrote:

Back on topic though. Sony promised us a decent browser back in 2009. Oh look, it's 2012 - time flies when you are Sony. Why do you think even Machinima guys are making fun of it?

"Decent" does not and has never meant "amazing". 

Decent = Better than nothing.

Given this, I think the fact that I am posting here using the PS3's browser right now certainly means it can be classified as decent.

Also, Machinima make fun of it because that's what they do, provide entertainment, be it via sketches or game commentaries, etc, etc.

Seeing as you appear to be a rather joyless individual, I can see how that managed to slip you by.

Probably best to leave the boy alone now, I'm sure he regrets posting here what he did and wants to take it back.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 65 (236 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Domiiinatrix wrote:

I don't understand why gadgets have to do everything....kettles and toasters are gonna have to come with wifi and usb slots before long.

But they won't be kettles and toasters then. They'll be 'integrated water/bread processing centres', and perform none of their features particularly well.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 65 (227 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

the ps3 browser does suck and has done for years, their working on it and probably will do until the ps3 gets discontinued, they have more pressing matters like the problems with the vita to solve, the guy at sony only has one pair of hands he cant do everything. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 65 (211 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Sony is made up of only one person, man, hats off to him, he's done a pretty good job!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 65 (204 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

PatC_PSN wrote:   But they won't be kettles and toasters then. They'll be 'integrated water/bread processing centres', and perform none of their features particularly well.

Kettles are being phased out anyway....you can get boiling hot water straight from the tap. I don't know what I was thinking tbh :smileytongue:

Back on topic...I use the consoles for games, my mobile phone for phone calls if I'm out, otherwise I use the landline and my PC for everything else (well, not everything else, I have marital aids for some things the PC can't do...ooh!and a washing machine). Maybe I'm old fashioned? My phone has a camera, my PC has a camera, the tab has a camera, the Vita has a camera, the consoles all have cameras but yet I go and pick up my actual camera (bought for no other reason than taking pictures) when I want to take a picture. Do I need counselling? :smileysurprised:

SoDomi non sapiens Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 65 (197 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Wow... So this guy is 28/29 and he is spending his time complaining about a browser on a PS3. Dude needs to sort his priorities out.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 65 (179 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Domiiinatrix wrote:

Back on topic...I use the consoles for games, my mobile phone for phone calls if I'm out, otherwise I use the landline and my PC for everything else (well, not everything else, I have marital aids for some things the PC can't do...ooh!and a washing machine). Maybe I'm old fashioned? My phone has a camera, my PC has a camera, the tab has a camera, the Vita has a camera, the consoles all have cameras but yet I go and pick up my actual camera (bought for no other reason than taking pictures) when I want to take a picture. Do I need counselling? :smileysurprised:

Well if you do then I do too. I've never brought in to the idea of integrating multiple devices or functions into one. I can see the occasional utility in some cases such as cameras in phones and video streaming on a games console, but there are almost always significant compromises to be made - and most products would be cheaper without those extras.

The joke that is the PS3 browser illustrates the point very well. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 65 (168 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Warren_Jeeves wrote:
I'm 41, didn't realise that you were 82, I am so very sorry for calling you boy. Oh wait, you mean you were born in 1982? Hahaha, you pleb.

Anyway, you must be American to spell "patronize" that way, which makes your invalid comments invalid.

Wow. Just... wow. No wonder long time PC users consider console crowd a bunch of asshats. You're the perfect example - douchebag in every inch, yet a "community man"... and 41. Unbelievable. I guess being a local starlet can get in some people's heads. Look at your posts again and tell me what exactly justifies your attitude towards me? Have I offended you or your family in any way, or are you the loyal Sony employee? I was just pointing something out, yet you took it to personal level. Judging from your responses you're more like 14yo than 41. I'm guessing you're just spending way too much time in here and you feel like this makes you important somehow. Judging from your post count vs. registration date I'm onto something. Sad person.

And I'm Polish, thank you very much.

Also, how is posting a link "spending sooo much time complaining about something"? Heh, I should have expected that level of fanboyism here. Somehow people on polish forums have more common sense and manners.

To the rest of you, who kept it civilised: I know it's mainly a gaming machine, but really, making a decent browser is not exactly rocket science. And funny thing is, it's not even about the browser engine. Let's take youtube for exapmle: PS3 version of youtube is very disfunctional and plays the videos in terrible quality, while at the same time, there is an alternative version of PS3 youTube made by a single guy and it works x10 better, with 1080p video quality and other vital functionalities. How does that speak of Sony, hm?

If they never intended to make the browser  up to standards, then they should have said so when community wanted something more, instead of making empty promisses.

Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 65 (141 Views)
0 Kudos