11 Sep 2011
Playstation Staff

How much do you spend on CONSOLE games each year?

26 Replies 285 Views Created 11-09-2011

I ask the question because I was thinking back, and it wasn't that long ago (4 years or so) that I was buying 4-5 full priced console games a month! Due to personal reasons I changed that, however looking back I can now see it was crazy!

I had over 400 games in my collection (retro to current), over 15 gameboys (I collected for the colours) and alot of consoles! It was crazy, I sold most of it though and now only have the 3 current consoles and my computers.. 

This year the first game I will have bought will be Gears of War 3 later this month! Last year I bought 4 games for myself.

Have any of you changed your game buying habits? Do you buy more or fewer games than you did for example last year?

Lee I PSN and Xbox Live: K1LLMEBILL I
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 27 (285 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: How much do you spend on CONSOLE games each year?

Since I got into PC gaming, I spend about €100 a year on console gaming.

Usually when I get a console game, I trade in a few old games to cover the cost.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 27 (282 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

if I was loaded with money I would buying games like crazy.Yet since I have to deal with paying bills I have to get the games that I want until I can the games when the price drops. I am gamer so it just money that keeps me enjoying it fully.

thanks

FreshRevenge

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 27 (279 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I used to spend over a grand plus a year on playstation games and buy every console they came out with, and reccomend their products to everyone.

Now I spend nothing, my friends spend nothing, and most of my friends are trying to sell their playstation gear and games

Playstation dont care about their customers anymore, they allow them to be abused openly, they didnt secure their users data, and they cynically use conversion rates to their advantage whenever it suits them, and their product breaks a lot..

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 27 (257 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

fenian wrote:

I used to spend over a grand plus a year on playstation games and buy every console they came out with, and reccomend their products to everyone.

Now I spend nothing, my friends spend nothing, and most of my friends are trying to sell their playstation gear and games

Playstation dont care about their customers anymore, they allow them to be abused openly, they didnt secure their users data, and they cynically use conversion rates to their advantage whenever it suits them, and their product breaks a lot..

Sums up Sony and most big companies today, the only time they are interested in their customers happiness is when there is a profit in it.

*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 27 (253 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

i would say i buy about 5-6 games a year, maybe download a few , but if thats paired with what i spend on pc games aswell then i have a monthly subscription to eve & i buy a few games from steam to i would say alltogether i spend about 300-400 a year on games & stuff

photo a0739668-2a6e-4e93-9ee7-b928c951013a_zpscd9ba8f7.jpg
http://www.buttonshut.com/http://www.buttonshut.com/
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 27 (244 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

£35 (or £25 if the supermarkets have a deal on ^_^)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 27 (242 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

About 6-8 console games a year.

Not sure how many PC games I buy, because I get carried away with the Steam sales and such. Pretty sure the number's somewhere around over 9000, though.

TonightWeRide2.jpg

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/people_of_the_honey

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 27 (238 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

depends on how much money I have and how many games are out that I like

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 27 (229 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

fenian wrote:

I never had a PS console break on me in it's first year. My first PS3 died on my after 4 years of using it. That was after 4 years of continue use.

Now what happen with the Network break happens to any company trying to do business. Yet Sony being a large Company is put on the spot light. 

Look at Microsoft, it has more viruses  made for it and it is one the biggest software companies. Yet because Sony had a hack they are being blame for some idiotic hacker who thought it was cool to do so.

thanks

FreshRevenge

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 27 (222 Views)
0 Kudos