http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/people_of_the_honey

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 29 (123 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: How much???

LordRoss wrote:

How about Sydney and Athens?

All I know is what some commentator said the other day, that Barcelona rocketed up to top 4 destinations for tourists since the Olympics and has remained there ever since.

I have no idea if we should expect  more or less tourists.  If we don't get more does that necessarily mean it's a failure? Surely it's primary goal isn't just about tourism, it's just an added bonus.

I think the olympics will be a success, I think it was disapointing to see one of the biggest swin races in our generation play out before large empty sections of a stadium but other than that I think it will be done well with no real problems and a success.

Im just saying that unlike other areas that spent billions on other areas to boost tourisim along with spending billions on the olympics, UK cut its olympics budget and wont be running any major incentives for tourists.

Ireland and UK are sadly just too expensive to visit on a whim, spain, australia are cheap after paying for the flight very cheap.

Ireland did several things that should have boosted tourisim that didnt, one thing that has boosted tourisim is the Irish fans in poland, the polish people thought they were so lovely that delegations and mayors have since visited from Poland to Dublin.

I think thats what we are missing, showing people we are friendly, safe, and just try make things cheaper for tourists and that would do more than an olympics would.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 29 (122 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

fenian wrote:

I think the olympics will be a success, I think it was disapointing to see one of the biggest swin races in our generation play out before large empty sections of a stadium but other than that I think it will be done well with no real problems and a success.

I guess you haven't seen the ridiculous farce that is London Bridge station then :smileyindifferent:

The Olympics may be a success, but getting people there is a joke. Our public transport system is about to become the laughing stock of the world, and deservedly so.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 29 (107 Views)
0 Kudos

InfiniteStates wrote:

fenian wrote:

I guess you haven't seen the ridiculous farce that is London Bridge station then :smileyindifferent:

The Olympics may be a success, but getting people there is a joke. Our public transport system is about to become the laughing stock of the world, and deservedly so.

You tried going a different way to wherever ya need to go to avoid London Bridge? It's bound to be the busiest station, it's the quickest way to Greenwich etc.

I've had no problem commuting to work via Victoria and getting tube to Oxford Circus, despite those stations being hot spots.

Anywho £5 something for a pint, that's nothing compared to the stupid price I paid for a bottle of old speckled hen from a hotel in Eastbourne.  Think it was £8 or something ridiculous.  I still done it though, I was thirsty and I was lazy lol

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 29 (103 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

LordRoss wrote:

InfiniteStates wrote:

fenian wrote:

You tried going a different way to wherever ya need to go to avoid London Bridge? It's bound to be the busiest station, it's the quickest way to Greenwich etc.

I've had no problem commuting to work via Victoria and getting tube to Oxford Circus, despite those stations being hot spots.

Yeah - I'm having no problems coming into London Bridge, other than their retarded one way system, but I go out from Charing Cross. Apparently London Bridge and Cannon St. were utter mosh pits yesterday...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/aug/01/trains-olympic-london-bridge-cannon

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 29 (94 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Don't drink, it will be cheaper.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 29 (87 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

dannyjt wrote:

Gawge wrote:
It's price discrimination , which pretty much every business would love to do.

I believe nightclubs often charge different prices for men and women. In this instance, instead of discriminating based on gender, it is discrimination based on where you live.

People have different views on price discrimination, it sounds immediately like a 'bad thing', but really it isn't too hard to justify. In general it allows the business to get more profits whilst still satisfying customers (though not as much as before).

They also let more women in, more relaxed on what women wear and are less strict with their age and asking for ID.

Something about more women = more moneyz. I wonder why.

I am glad my city grew out of this school like dress code thing for nightclubs. I remember blokes were turned away unless they wore black trousers, a shirt and a pair of shoes. Now you can wear mankini.... in certain nightclubs, not that I would know. I wear trainers, jeans and a T-shirt like most people do, the whole dress code thing is silliest idea in the night club and bar industry.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 29 (59 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

ProjectVRD wrote:

I am glad my city grew out of this school like dress code thing for nightclubs. I remember blokes were turned away unless they wore black trousers, a shirt and a pair of shoes. Now you can wear mankini.... in certain nightclubs, not that I would know. I wear trainers, jeans and a T-shirt like most people do, the whole dress code thing is silliest idea in the night club and bar industry.

It gives bouncers free rein to deny entry to blokes and control the female to male ratio more easily.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 29 (48 Views)
0 Kudos