ditto
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 55 (1,056 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Jackie Chan vs Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee easy!! He could beat anybody in the world.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 55 (1,056 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

The one inch puch was demonstrated by Bruce Lee on several occasions and there was no pushing involved! You say someone did it to you but it wasn't Bruce Lee was it? His films were crude and cheaply made (except Enter the Dragon) but the amazing ability he possessed and demonstrated for the world to see is undeniable. If it wasn't for Bruce Lee, martial arts would've never been anywhere near as popular as it is today. All of us who practice the art owe him a huge debt.

Im not saying youre wrong, but..... erm... there is now way of finnishing that sentence.

The one inch punch started its life in Kung Fu (although Karate practioners are desperate to claim it as theirs) years and years before BR was a twinkle in the milkman's eye, so to say that no-one but him can perform it properly is..... immodest at best.

As you may have guessed, i teach Tae kwon do, which was introduced into this country (in its form as it was then) by some RAF personel back in the 50s. It quickly established its-self in the British military and by the 60s all British armed forces were using TKD for unarmed combat (weather they knew it or not) this was before anyone had even put the words "Bruce and "Lee" together.

The single most common sentence i hear from new people is "I was watching a Jackie Chan movie and...".

So, the idea of Bruce Lee as some sort of demi-god is fading.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 55 (1,056 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Bruce Lee, no contest,Jackie is all 4 show.Lee is the real deal and original.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 55 (1,056 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Im not saying youre wrong, but..... erm... there is now way of finnishing that sentence.

The one inch punch started its life in Kung Fu (although Karate practioners are desperate to claim it as theirs) years and years before BR was a twinkle in the milkman's eye, so to say that no-one but him can perform it properly is..... immodest at best.

As you may have guessed, i teach Tae kwon do, which was introduced into this country (in its form as it was then) by some RAF personel back in the 50s. It quickly established its-self in the British military and by the 60s all British armed forces were using TKD for unarmed combat (weather they knew it or not) this was before anyone had even put the words "Bruce and "Lee" together.

The single most common sentence i hear from new people is "I was watching a Jackie Chan movie and...".

So, the idea of Bruce Lee as some sort of demi-god is fading.

I know what you mean, and I wasn't implying that Bruce Lee was the only one that could perform it. There's actually an interesting documentary about it on YouTube which you may have seen before. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx9iPFMriz0

So you teach eh? How long you been doing that? I practiced Karate for years and always fancied trying something else like Kung Fu or Taekwondo. The problem I had was when I did try I kept reverting back to the stuff I'd previously learned doing Karate. I have huge respect for people that can master more than one martial art, it's not easy!

It's only natural for the younger generation to rave about Jackie Chan and Jet Li because they're the big stars now. Some people don't know who Bruce Lee was or what he managed to achieve. I'm obviously just getting a bit old!:smileysad:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 55 (1,056 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Bruce by a mile
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 55 (1,056 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Bruce Lee
I do is boxing but that can't really be compaired.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 55 (1,056 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

CHUCK NORRIS!!!! *runs from thread extremely fast*
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 55 (1,056 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Why you would of course especially when you take that mask off, ooopps sorry my mistake you already have.:smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 55 (1,056 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Why you would of course especially when you take that mask off, ooopps sorry my mistake you already have.:smileyvery-happy: lawl!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 55 (1,056 Views)
0 Kudos