Playstation Staff

Re: Legal Challenge to Smoking Ban!!

"OMG, you can't stop us from smoking indoors!"
"Why?"
"...Damnit."

Is pretty much the breadth of the smoker's arguments.

EDIT: And Navaho, get out.
Supporting one action performed by the government does not automatically mean that people support all the policies of the government in question - you're trying to say that because i like the colour red, i like strawberries.

Well i don't.

Also, has it ever come to mind that smokers are more direct in their 'support of death by proxy'? What with them actually supplementing the Governments funds via buying the cigarettes?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 79 (1,055 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

And these same people have no problems supporting the government and companies -- so that makes them themselves responsible for the slaying and killing of numerous civilians, babies and what not in the Middle East. But that's down there, right?

Our actions aren't the direct cause of the death in that case. Smokers are genuinely killing people with their smoke. Those things can't genuinely be compared.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 79 (1,055 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Went out clubbing last night, and considering only about two people out of a good 30 of us in the group smoke, and I don't talk to them, my clothes stink of smoke. It's horrible, hopefully this ban will stop people smoking.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 79 (1,055 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Maybe we should ban driving because of the emissions they give off. No? Didn't think so.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 79 (1,055 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Couldn't help but "awwwwww" at that line.

Mr C not like a bit of the wacky backy?

Nope. And my girlfriend has health issues from surgery years ago, that really does affect her a lot more than me, and with wanting to try for a baby, I really don't want it at all.

I just can't stand smoking. I hate the smell. I hate it when my clothes smell. I hate it that it hurts my eyes, throat and the fact that most smokers seem to have a habit of moving the cigarette away from them and in the face of other people. Very inconsiderate.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 79 (1,055 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Selfishness? Well honestly, the hypocrisy doesn't even amaze me... ``Oh we don't want to be killed by second hand smoke.'' And these same people have no problems supporting the government and companies -- so that makes them themselves responsible for the slaying and killing of numerous civilians, babies and what not in the Middle East. But that's down there, right? Second hand smoke is bad, but being a murderer by proxy, heck, we just shrug that off. No wonder this p**sses off smokers. :smileyhappy: BTW I don't smoke. I personally do not support the government. I just support this particular legislation that is being brought in. I also don't understand how, by supporting this legislation, we support companies. What companies? Mikk, driving a car is a lot different as driving a car is often needed in order to get to a job and earn the money that people have to live off. Smoking is something people do for enjoyment - yet don't have to. It also wastes a lot of hard earned cash.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 79 (1,055 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Maybe we should ban driving because of the emissions they give off. No? Didn't think so.

Where are you going to get your food from then? Driving is a necessity in today's world; smoking never has been and never will be. You will not die if you don't smoke. (Unless you're so depressed you commit suicide)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 79 (1,055 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

yes, thats a good idea. and rickshaws need a revival.
DriveClub!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 79 (1,055 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Smokings fine, just do it in your home and not in my face.

I mean, I like a **** but I don't do it in your face.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 79 (1,055 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Our actions aren't the direct cause of the death in that case. Smokers are genuinely killing people with their smoke. Those things can't genuinely be compared.
LOL, that's what I mean with easily shrugging off your responsibilities, thanks for illustrating it.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 79 (1,055 Views)
0 Kudos