Lets stir things up...

You pay for the Operating System.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 43 (258 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Let the arguments.... BEGIN!

I thought we paid for the cutesy lickle apple sticker ?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 43 (249 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

I don't like Mac's, simply because of the OS design, and it doesn't run half the programs I need, like Microsoft Office for a start.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 43 (242 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

xElfenLied wrote:
I don't like Mac's, simply because of the OS design, and it doesn't run half the programs I need, like Microsoft Office for a start.

TonightWeRide2.jpg

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/people_of_the_honey

Message 14 of 43 (236 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

xElfenLied wrote:
and it doesn't run half the programs I need, like Microsoft Office for a start.

It does here.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 43 (230 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

xElfenLied wrote:

Message 16 of 43 (217 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

There is nothing in the MAC Pro hardware line up to warrant the prices Apple charge, my PC can obliterate anything the MAC Pro can do in the media business world, and by the time my PC (and several others on this forum) has finished the work the most expensive configuration of MAC Pro offered by Apple would barely be half way through the work load... if that.

Those two Xeon processors are not going to do anything to bring those MACs in line with a good PC rig with a current gen graphics card with Cuda or ATI Stream. The 5780's they are offering are nowhere near powerful enough.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 43 (195 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Numbers aren't everything, there are more nuanced and subtle experiences to be enjoyed which are not easily quantified. If people prefer certain things over others, who cares? Surely we agree that there are no truths in matters of taste?

That being said, i'm sure that Apple's marketing and strong brand ensures that it sells more products than perhaps it would if there was perfect market information amongst consumers. Though, at the same time, if people prefer one thing over another, let them get on with it.

Is it not enough to be satisfied in your own choice, rather than attempting to convince others, almost as if you aren't fully secure in your own preferences.
Message 18 of 43 (168 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Gawge wrote:
Numbers aren't everything, there are more nuanced and subtle experiences to be enjoyed which are not easily quantified. If people prefer certain things over others, who cares? Surely we agree that there are no truths in matters of taste?

That being said, i'm sure that Apple's marketing and strong brand ensures that it sells more products than perhaps it would if there was perfect market information amongst consumers. Though, at the same time, if people prefer one thing over another, let them get on with it.

Is it not enough to be satisfied in your own choice, rather than attempting to convince others, almost as if you aren't fully secure in your own preferences.

Exactly. I don't hear people slating Lamborghini owners on the basis that the Volkswagen Polo is quite clearly better value for money, or because the Veyron has a more powerful fuel injected willy engine.

I would readily acknowledge that my attachment to Apple products is both rational and emotional. And I really wouldn't want it to be any other way.

Message 19 of 43 (159 Views)
Level 8

Playstation Staff

I love my Mac! It runs Windows 8 perfectly :smileytongue:

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Like". If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer".This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 43 (141 Views)
0 Kudos