Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: Local Elections 2012

[ Edited ]

Gawge wrote:

fski wrote:

By not voting you're only contributing to the problem. I'd like to know what alternative to democracy those that didn't vote would put forward and what exactly complacency will achieve.

Vote or die.

Maybe vote apathists do have a point after all.

@betty, thanks but that would not be a good idea at all :smileytongue:

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 58 (100 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

fski wrote:

Gawge wrote:

fski wrote:

By not voting you're only contributing to the problem. I'd like to know what alternative to democracy those that didn't vote would put forward and what exactly complacency will achieve.

Vote or die.

Maybe vote apathists do have a point after all.

@betty, thanks but that would not be a good idea at all :smileytongue:

we need a Bill Hicks fan in charge here

if only for the drinks and nibbles :smileyhappy:

I'm just a sweet transvestite from Transsexual, Transylvania
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 58 (95 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Right on.

<3 Bill.

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 58 (92 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

shanethegooner wrote:

I found it funny that BNP are offering free tube travel at the weekend. :Lol:

If any actually believes that or votes for them because of it they're retarded.

Why is that such a crazy idea? The cost of the tube ride for a single passenger is very, very low. But getting people to use it because it is free would entice people to go shopping and thus the government would make the money back many times over in tax rakings from the stores.

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 58 (91 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

fski wrote:

Am I not allowed to exercise my choice not to vote ?   Not voting is itself a political choice and the low turnouts isnt just due to apathy. 

When you have a situation where no single political party or representative actually deserves my vote then I simply choose not to.  By voting for Lib dems in the last election (i didnt) it could be said that you have contributed to the current problems and the shocking hike in student fees. By voting for the Labour Party (I didnt) it could be said that you have contributed to the recession. 

Those people who automatically vote for their party or those that vote because of the current party leader are also contributing to the problems. 

Low turnouts are a concern but I havent seen a single political discussion or heard a single politician question their role in the plethora of reasons why turnout is in a downwards spiral. BUT there has been talk regarding compulsory voting.

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 58 (84 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

fski wrote:

Right on.

<3 Bill.

somebody the other day tried telling me Stewart Lee is the new Bill Hicks :smileysurprised:

not even close :No-no:

there could be only one :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 58 (83 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Mikal_Drey wrote:

fski wrote:

Am I not allowed to exercise my choice not to vote ?   Not voting is itself a political choice and the low turnouts isnt just due to apathy. 

When you have a situation where no single political party or representative actually deserves my vote then I simply choose not to.  By voting for Lib dems in the last election (i didnt) it could be said that you have contributed to the current problems and the shocking hike in student fees. By voting for the Labour Party (I didnt) it could be said that you have contributed to the recession. 

Those people who automatically vote for their party or those that vote because of the current party leader are also contributing to the problems. 

Low turnouts are a concern but I havent seen a single political discussion or heard a single politician question their role in the plethora of reasons why turnout is in a downwards spiral. BUT there has been talk regarding compulsory voting.

voting should be compulsory but there should be a 'none of the above' option

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 58 (81 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

fski wrote:

Communism. it is doing well for China and their propaganda is no worse than our own. They block sites, we are blocking sites. They don't report the worst of their nation. We don't report the worst of our nation. All pretty simular yet one thing isn't... China just gets things done. Democracy on the otherhand loves to blow alot of the budget on planning and then says it cannot afford to built it.

Could a democratic nation build the Three Gorges Dam? Or ghost cities ready to be filled at a moments notice? Could any western nation ever dream of making a functional Maglev line?!

Ofcourse not, China can... because it is communist.

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 58 (74 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I think they should just go crazy one year and start introducing policies such as mandatory Fedora Fridays or Trilby Tuesdays.
TonightWeRide2.jpg

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/people_of_the_honey

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 58 (74 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Mikal_Drey wrote:

fski wrote:

Of course you are, I didn't indicate otherwise. You're as allowed not to vote as I'm permitted to regard non voters opinions as moot.

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 58 (70 Views)
0 Kudos