Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: Marmite

LordRoss wrote:

There was a shortage of Marmite in New Zealand not long ago.

Think it was due to some quake or something or other and as such the Marmite addicts spent silly amounts on the last remaining jars.

I remember when there was a shortage of Branston pickle in England after the only factory had a problem (might of been a fire) and couldn't find it in shops anywhere.  Luckily at the time I had a nice big jar full :smileyvery-happy:

There was also a thing with Bovril about 11 years ago or so when the foot and mouth thing was going on and because we couldn't export meat from the UK they started making it from yeast the same as Marmite.

I'm glad it's made from beef again.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 40 (208 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

It's icky.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 40 (207 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I hate it.

Not for the taste - for the exasperating titbit of frequent conversation which it has intentionally given birth to. Many people now frequently, when asked to describe themselves, compare their personality to 'Marmite'. To be fair, it is a pretty good description if they are referring to a useless, unimportant object filled with horrible looking crap - however, they tend to rather liken themselves to the foodstuffs polarizing qualities.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 40 (201 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

nope, dont like it, not my cup of tea. though maybe i shouldnt have put it in my tea.

anywhere Marmite can go, Peanut Butter can go. even on toasty solider boys, sort of.

DriveClub!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 40 (198 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I love it! I agree though with having to spread it thinly xD

legendary vicki signature
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 40 (173 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Gawge wrote:

Many people now frequently, when asked to describe themselves, compare their personality to 'Marmite'. 

I tend to form opinions on people without hearing their deluded views on the matter, although any unsolicited input would of course influence my thinking. Especially if what loosely passes for an imagination limits them to the persona of a popular food product.

Most of them are better compared to a turd that you can't get completely off your shoe.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 40 (169 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Love on Rivita

deadleaves
60gb
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 40 (152 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Ugh it's horrible. I just had it for the first time recently in a sandwich and I thought someone must have spilled a tub of salt onto it or something.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 40 (149 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Puke City
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 40 (148 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Love it :smileyvery-happy:

Spread thinly on toast or cheese & marmite sandwiches......Mmmmmm so divine :smileyvery-happy:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 40 (143 Views)
0 Kudos