08 May 2010
By lt1moz
Playstation Staff

Nosey Landlord thread

9 Replies 298 Views Created 08-05-2010
Do you have a nosey landlord ? How do I put off my landlord from constantly coming round? He insists on coming around to pick up the rent monthly and not letting me pay it into the bank, and makes up reasons why he cant come round when Im in to fix things as well, he'd rather come around when im not there, I always keep the place clean and respect the place and quite like the apartment, its nice and affordable I dont really want to move out, so what can I do to put this nosey git off ? Any suggestions ? :smileysad:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be Water my Friend !
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (298 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: Nosey Landlord thread

Put a naked Sumo Wrestler on your doorstep
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (291 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

He's legally obliged to leave you alone if you're not doing anything wrong, you could seek legal advice - I'm not saying sew him, just find out what your rights are, then kindly let him know.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (288 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

He is probably only nosey because you let him be.

Tell him youre setting up a direct debit, that you cant be walking around with the cash anymore, that people know when your rent is due and know you pay in cash, and you want it to end.

Then after that, just tell him he is not to go into the place when you are not there.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (284 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Dont know about the sumo could encourage him :smileysad: I'll try the direct debit tho lol

Be Water my Friend !
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (272 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

what does it state in your contract with your landlord about them coming on to the premises?

Unofficial U.K Playstation.com Forums flickr Group |  | Last Platinum: NFS Hot Pursuit
>>> click here for my ps3 mac theme <<<
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (267 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

thenextbutton wrote:

what does it state in your contract with your landlord about them coming on to the premises?

It wont matter, youre rights are there and cant be taken away by a bit of paper. He has no right to enter the property without you saying its ok to, unless you have done wrong.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (260 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

fenian wrote:

thenextbutton wrote:

It wont matter, youre rights are there and cant be taken away by a bit of paper. He has no right to enter the property without you saying its ok to, unless you have done wrong.

I was just wondering about how often it is written in to the contract about a flat inspection, we are 3 monthly.

I know they aren't allowed in to the property without your knowledge and without at least given 24 hours notice. You have the right to say no not without you being there. You can actually get the landlord in to serious issues with harassment. 

I was wondering if this inspection bit in the contract it what he is using to come in to the flat every month.

Personally I do not deal cash in hand with any landlord, I always do it standing order. That way there is always a digital trail of payments.

Unofficial U.K Playstation.com Forums flickr Group |  | Last Platinum: NFS Hot Pursuit
>>> click here for my ps3 mac theme <<<
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (250 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Just mentions : tenant undertakes to allow the landlord to inspect the premise at a reasonable time and that at least 24 hours shall be given to the tenant

Be Water my Friend !
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (248 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

a reasonable time is when youre there. If youre not there its not reasonable.

If i were you, Id get the direct debit, or standing order setup before raising any other issues with him. If hes un-professional he may turn around and throw you out for not paying and you will have no real proof you did.

If its a good deal and you dont want to blow it, do like i said and say its for saftey concerns having the money on you is not good.

After you get a month or two on the books, tell him you have accommodated his requests as much as possible, and have proven youre a clean, good, genuine tenant, but you will need to be there when he does the inspections from now on.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (237 Views)
0 Kudos