Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead... apparently.

fenian wrote:

Pakistan knew they were there, My question would be, what made them finally play ball with America to let them take him out.

5 nations saying turn around and look away or we bring out the big guns. Given the terrorist attacks already in America, UK and Spain we know they would love to slap Pakistan hard if given the chance. France no doubt is starting to flex it's muscle again given the UK's downsizing of it's military (I am convinced they are linked events, especially since we are effectively one military now) and India.... well, if it wasn't for USA, UK, France and China then I doubt Pakistan would exist today lol....

0 Kudos
Message 91 of 164 (365 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

fenian wrote:

Pakistan knew they were there, My question would be, what made them finally play ball with America to let them take him out.

I think once it was put to the Pakistan government (I'd guess very shortly before the operation) they wouldn't have much choice but to agree. Refusing would have made any collusion very obvious.

0 Kudos
Message 92 of 164 (364 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

ProjectVRD wrote:
well, if it wasn't for USA, UK, France and China then I doubt Pakistan would exist today lol....

Well Pakistan used to belong to India before Britain separated them, so if there was no external pressure then India would definitely take them back, even by force if needed.

Also @ pat, realistically we have known he is in pakistan for ages, and they didnt seem to mind to be seen colluding with him.. When one of their celebs returned from Indian Big brother, she ranted on their tv how they were hiding terrorists. So something must have changed the game.

Possibly a deal was done with the UK, they can have gadaffi if America can go into Pakistan without hurting commonwealth relations. Once UK did the deal it probably left Pakistan no choice, either comply or be cast out as a 3rd world country and have america attack anyway.

Also, interesting that France have been gearing up for war, and might have had more of a say in the matter.

Things have changed tho.

0 Kudos
Message 93 of 164 (342 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Reuters is actually saying that they didnt tell pakistan they were going in to get him, Pakistan was only informed after the operation.

So a deal with Uk must have been done.

0 Kudos
Message 94 of 164 (319 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead... Apparently.

Celebrated too soon... Al-Qaeda is still active. By killing one member doesn't disburse the threat automatically. It is quite possible that the USA may have a terrorist threat looming. That is why the UK is more cautious. I just hope it's not a hoax about Osama being dead because it will have some embarrassing repercussions from the media. Also Fox News would have glorified it.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/69344 - Please sign

To PlayStation... Semper Fidelis
0 Kudos
Message 95 of 164 (308 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I thought they said they didn't tell anyone, UK included. David Cameron was only told after the operation.

My question is, how did they know it was his DNA? where did they get a sample to compare it to?

0 Kudos
Message 96 of 164 (305 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Lol this is the second time he has died!
0 Kudos
Message 97 of 164 (283 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

LarasAider wrote:

Celebrated too soon... Al-Qaeda is still active. By killing one member doesn't disburse the threat automatically.

The CIA dont want you to know, but they are on record as estimating there are 50 members in Al-Qaeda, when you see photos and videos of Osama surrounded by fighters, that is the Taliban, not AL-Qaeda.

The Taliban allow Al-Qaeda recruit from them as he funded them, however they do not share goals.

Some people may carry out attacks on behalf of Al-Qaeda now, however, its not really Al-Qaeda, Al-Qaeda is Osama bin laden and very extreme members of the Taliban who switched.

Most members will now return to the Taliban, who may or may not start a campaign across the muslim world in retaliation.

0 Kudos
Message 98 of 164 (266 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I'd imagine that the US is wielding viels and smokescreens with regards to who knew about it, maybe as part of a deal as Fenian is saying. With a military base within ear shot Pakistan would have known about a 40 minute shoot out with grenades etc almost immediately yet didn't seem to investigate if the photos outside are anything to go by.

And to Fenians post above, are the offshoot terrorist groups referred to as Splinter Cells? I am just interested to know and can't be bothered to Google, I loved the games :smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos
Message 99 of 164 (222 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

fenian wrote:

Reuters is actually saying that they didnt tell pakistan they were going in to get him, Pakistan was only informed after the operation.

Yes, I heard the the President of Pakistan saying the same thing in an interview earlier. It seems the US can drop in wherever they feel like it and kill people, without need permission.

It would make sense if they suspected the Pakistan government of harbouring him though.

0 Kudos
Message 100 of 164 (181 Views)
0 Kudos