i hope this makes it to the goal.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2451 of 6,591 (367 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: PC Gaming thread.

Bf3 on Origin for £20 :smileyhappy: was going to buy this friday anyway for £40 nice deal.

Case: Corsair Carbide 500r/MB: Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3/CPU: i5 2500k/GPU: XFX HD7950 DD/Cooling: Corsair H80/Ram: Kingston HyperX 8GB/PSU: Corsair HX850w / 2TB Seagate Sata3 HDD+250GB Samsung Evo/Audio: Asus Xonar DS/Corsair Vengeance 1500
Steam-shankly1985 - Psn-shankly1985
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2452 of 6,591 (349 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Steam haa Burnout: Paradise Ultimate box as todays daily deal along with orcs must die and gamersgate has Test Drive Unlimited 2 for £2.75 I  think. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2453 of 6,591 (347 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

AstroZombie1 wrote:

Steam haa Burnout: Paradise Ultimate box as todays daily deal along with orcs must die and gamersgate has Test Drive Unlimited 2 for £2.75 I  think. 

TDU2 is £3.75, got Burnout on Origin for free before

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2454 of 6,591 (341 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Any of you guys got an 120 hz monitor, if so, is the difference between 120FPS and 60FPS as large and noticeable as 30/60FPS and worth the cost?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2455 of 6,591 (326 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

First of all, Mark, no there is no actual difference no matter what anybody tells you if you restrict the virtical refresh rate for both 60 and 120. In fact, people can barely... BARELY...  tell the difference between 24fps and 120fps if the refresh rate is capped and stays at the original mark by a factor of +/-20% meaning a game running at 60fps dropping to 45fps will have no impact on your perception of frame rate drop. The only time you will notice the difference is if the fps drops radically, but contrary to elitist opinion... it really does have to be drastic, and that number would see fps drop to as low 12-20fps.

It is only here where you notice problems, however the elitist's will never ever admit to it. They think they can rewrite the rules of human eye biology... it's quite comical infact because they don't know the real story behind how we see and percieve images. Down to that magic 12-20fps our brain is filling in the gaps of any images that it thinks should be there and it does it amazingly well, and you will even find the ultimate eltist's will swear they can see the difference between 120fps and 200fps. Except the rules of human eye biology change after 100fps, or 100MHz, because the human brain is only capable of processing 100 images every second. So by the law of the physical universe itself from a human point of view there is never a need to go above 100fps, which is why some gamers are screaming at both AMD and nVidia on their official forums to introduce hard caps onto the drivers. Why stress a card out to push above 100fps when we are physically incapable of seeing it anyway? They argue it is best to restrict that element so it leaves enough juice in the tank to render more objects on the screen.

I expect a couple of people may come here and say I am wrong, they may know technology... but they haven't got a clue about biology.

And now, just some pics of mods I use for Skyrim:

Realistic Lighting, Better Females, CBBE, Skyrim HD - 2k Textures

Just  a random ENB.

They slayed my wife, they will not get her corpse! Using 'Amazing Ebody Armor Redone" mod

Annoyed with those stripy shadows indoors? This is 'Stripy Shadows Fix' combined with Skyrim HD - 2K Textures and Realistic Lighting 1.6b (1.6b is the best in my opinion)

Another look at the 'Amazing Ebony Armor Redone' mod. Before they killed my wife :smileysad:

A combination of Vurt's Flora Overhaul, Lush Tree's and Realistic Water Textures (must also use Vurt's Flora Overhaul Lush Tree's patch to make the two tree mods compatible.)

Realistic Lighting in all it's glory. Use something to adjust your screen to see how it looks properly, it should be almost all black with only skyline and night sky visible... I would then recommend going back and checking out there other pictures because I use this mod in all my pictures except the ENB one which I didn't like... those ENB's always introduce blur. This mod is amazing because it adds a whole new book of tactics as you will need to use lighting equipment/spells such as torches and Magelight.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2456 of 6,591 (313 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

http://baldursgate.com/

A wild countdown appears :smileyhappy: 22 hours 24 minutes left as of this post :smileyhappy:

And a small change to the page source message. Cannot wait :smileyhappy: I really hope it's not just a HD port. Maybe a full proper sequel with the original developer team, or a sequel done by a good developer.

<!-- March 14, 2012 -->

<!-- Shadowy Figure- Raise Dead : Infinity Engine -->

<!-- It is coming. -->

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2457 of 6,591 (296 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2

Wasteland 2 made it's kickstarter goal :smileyhappy:

Hoping it gets to the 1.5m$ they want as an end-goal though, if there's anyone I trust to make a game it's Brian Fargo :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2458 of 6,591 (275 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Triple post >_>

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4612389/Test-3_16_2012

Diablo 3 to launch on May 15

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2459 of 6,591 (271 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

ArsenalMark wrote:

Triple post >_>

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4612389/Test-3_16_2012

Diablo 3 to launch on May 15

ReportedF.png

*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2460 of 6,591 (268 Views)
0 Kudos