Lounge

General Discussion

General Discussion

Level 7

Re: PC Gaming thread.

ArsenalMark wrote:
Happy Fallout went back on flash, was resist picking it up as I had it on PS3 and was reaching my summer sale budget. ^.^

Do you know of a Win7 fix for FO3 GOTY?  Or are you talking about NV (which works fine on Win7)?

Please use plain text.
Message 3401 of 6,366 (341 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

ProjectVRD wrote:
So Day-Z is basically a survival game and guns have no use but for defence?

Nope, Guns work as normal. You can go on the offense, but sound attracts more Zeds, so it's best to be quiet.

You can even shoot other players and steal thier stuff.  Infact, the endgame is really only base raiding between players/teams.

Please use plain text.
Message 3402 of 6,366 (339 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Danlisa wrote:

ProjectVRD wrote:
So Day-Z is basically a survival game and guns have no use but for defence?

Nope, Guns work as normal. You can go on the offense, but sound attracts more Zeds, so it's best to be quiet.

You can even shoot other players and steal thier stuff.  Infact, the endgame is really only base raiding between players/teams.

:smileysad:

I was hoping it would be a survival game from all the stuff you guys were saying.

Please use plain text.
Message 3403 of 6,366 (334 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

[ Edited ]

Well, it is. To get to the point where you have scavenged enough gear to create a base etc you have to play for many many hours. As a single player, you will spend most of the time, running away from Zeds/Bandits (and other players), when you're not running you are looking for food/water and other consumables to keep your thirst and hunger in check. It is a survival game.

Even with all the player at the moment, the average life expectancy is around 45 mins. :smileywink:  You have to work hard to survive.

Please use plain text.
Message 3404 of 6,366 (332 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Danlisa wrote:

Well, it is. To get to the point where you have scavenged enough gear to create a base etc you have to play for many many hours. As a single player, you will spend most of the time, running away from Zeds/Bandits (and other players), when you're not running you are looking for food/water and other consumables to keep your thirst and hunger in check. It is a survival game.

Even with all the player at the moment, the average life expectancy is around 45 mins. :smileywink:  You have to work hard to survive.

I think that timers broken.  I find it hard to believe the average player can only last 45 minutes.  People who constantly respawn on the coast to get the spawn point they want are skewing the stats IMO.

You can do what you want in the game.  If you wanna act like a bandit and PvP then you can.  If you wanna team up with survivors and try to get a base and good gear then you can.

Please use plain text.
Message 3405 of 6,366 (329 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

It sounds a bit like minecraft crossed with Left 4 Dead.
Please use plain text.
Message 3406 of 6,366 (324 Views)
0 Kudos

I think I found one of these "bases".

It had barbed wire around the perimeter and lots of guns and all sorts beside a fire.

There was no one there though, they musta been out hunting or whatever, naturally I took the lot and legged it lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 3407 of 6,366 (317 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Danlisa wrote:

ArsenalMark wrote:
Happy Fallout went back on flash, was resist picking it up as I had it on PS3 and was reaching my summer sale budget. ^.^

Do you know of a Win7 fix for FO3 GOTY?  Or are you talking about NV (which works fine on Win7)?

NV :smileytongue:

Have you tried this? http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2553588

Please use plain text.
Message 3408 of 6,366 (315 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Supposed screenshots from Crysis 3:

Please use plain text.
Message 3409 of 6,366 (292 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Can't see a thing :smileysad: But meh, Crysis.

So, sales over... List the games you've bought! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 3410 of 6,366 (276 Views)
0 Kudos