Anyone else playing diablo 3?
Never heard of it
Its a bit of a niche game tbh, really fun to play though!
The 24 pin cable on my new Power Supply is just an inch or so short :<
Are extension cables a good idea, or should I look into getting a new PSU as soon as possible?
Never used extension cables before.
NZXT do good neat cable extensions. http://www.scan.co.uk/products/nzxt-cb-24p-24pin-b
I'm not at major risk of causing any problems with the hardware though am I?
Doubt it, NZXT are a reputable brand and i've seen these cables in builds before.
Hey guys, just got some questions regarding PC gaming.
Recently I've got really bored of console gaming and well I was thinking of building a gaming PC. Though never having done this before I do have some questions.
1. First, is it difficult to assemble a PC?
2. What are the best websites to buy the components from?
3. Is it wise to do this now with Windows 8 around the corner with Direct X 11.1 cards and such (sorry if I missed something obvious)?
4. I was actually looking to replace the PS3. Kinda gave up on console gaming at the moment and PC has some games I really love like Total War. So space is a major thing - going to and fro from Uni - so is there any way I could incorporate all this into a small chassis?
5. Any general tips and advice you would recommend to me?
2. Honestly, wherever is cheapest. Usually stick to the likes of Amazon, Scan, Novatech, eBuyer and Overclockers.
3. Plenty wise, don't worry about DX11.1, most games are barely using 11 still. As for Windows 8, that depends on whether you want to go Metro or not. Go 7 and at worst upgrade for £25 or whatever it'll cost.
4. You can get small PCs that would be console wise but it'll not be cheap, your best bet would be something like the Alienware X51 but the GPU in those isn't all that great, limited to a GTX555 unless you install your own.