Lounge

General Discussion

General Discussion

Level 5

Re: PC Support Available Here

WJB1 wrote:

dannyjt wrote:
Again, crisis averted. There's a number that you can ring that gives you a number to activate windows if you're having problems :smileyhappy:

Have you made the call yet? If not, have fun...

Yeah, It was pretty easy, other than the fact that the voice sounded like it was saying "h" instead of "8."

TonightWeRide2.jpg

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/people_of_the_honey

Please use plain text.
Message 1811 of 1,891 (255 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

neilacker wrote:

WJB1 wrote:

neilacker wrote:

Hi

Hope someone can help me, my daughters laptop as gone pop but there is stuff on the HDD that she wants back pics and stuff, god knows how many times I told her to back it up but thats kids for you LOL.

so my question is I know her HDD is ok so would I be able to stick it in my laptop and run it ok?

Or would it mess something up.

Cheers

Although the chances are that it will complain, you've still got a fairly good shot of being able to get into windows so that you can get the stuff off, try it, you can't make the situation worse. Alternatively, shove it in a desktop and boot the the HDD that's already in there.

Cheers to both of you for your replies.

I got my hands on a HDD reader looks like a card reader but bigger, but when I try opening folders in that I just get a message saying I don't have permission, so I think I will give it a try in my laptop at the weekend fingers crossed.

That's the problem that I was talking about since you have to change the permissions so that the account on your laptop can gain access to the files.

Just put changing folder permissions windows 7 (as long as the OS on your laptop is windows 7) into google and the first result should tell you what you need to do.

Please use plain text.
Message 1812 of 1,891 (249 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

feitochan wrote:

neilacker wrote:

WJB1 wrote:

neilacker wrote:

Hi

Hope someone can help me, my daughters laptop as gone pop but there is stuff on the HDD that she wants back pics and stuff, god knows how many times I told her to back it up but thats kids for you LOL.

so my question is I know her HDD is ok so would I be able to stick it in my laptop and run it ok?

Or would it mess something up.

Cheers

Although the chances are that it will complain, you've still got a fairly good shot of being able to get into windows so that you can get the stuff off, try it, you can't make the situation worse. Alternatively, shove it in a desktop and boot the the HDD that's already in there.

Cheers to both of you for your replies.

I got my hands on a HDD reader looks like a card reader but bigger, but when I try opening folders in that I just get a message saying I don't have permission, so I think I will give it a try in my laptop at the weekend fingers crossed.

That's the problem that I was talking about since you have to change the permissions so that the account on your laptop can gain access to the files.

Just put changing folder permissions windows 7 (as long as the OS on your laptop is windows 7) into google and the first result should tell you what you need to do.

Cheers for the info, I will give it a try at the weekend.

--------------------------
Add me if you want but say where your from :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 1813 of 1,891 (240 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

I went in the shed and found a few of my older computers :smileyvery-happy: I took them apart, salvaged some junk...

My PC has an E-SATA port on the front. What would be the easiest way to plug these few HDDs into my new PC? Just out of curiosity, to see whats on there :smileyhappy: Both obviously have OS on them (probably XP/Vista :smileytongue: Anything older has been gifted down or gone long back :smileyvery-happy:). Would it be safe to just plug them into the E-SATA with the right cable?
Please use plain text.
Message 1814 of 1,891 (221 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Semaphia wrote:
I went in the shed and found a few of my older computers :smileyvery-happy: I took them apart, salvaged some junk...

My PC has an E-SATA port on the front. What would be the easiest way to plug these few HDDs into my new PC? Just out of curiosity, to see whats on there :smileyhappy: Both obviously have OS on them (probably XP/Vista :smileytongue: Anything older has been gifted down or gone long back :smileyvery-happy:). Would it be safe to just plug them into the E-SATA with the right cable?

I highly doubt that you would be able to since depending on the connection on the hard drive (IDE or SATA) you need to get the correct enclosure and I haven't seen any that will connect to a E-SATA port.

Please use plain text.
Message 1815 of 1,891 (214 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

any help would be great having an issue with my graphics in game when i try to play the pixels are screwed up either in the background or on the player where the pixels stretch from the character to different parts of the screen making it see through while stretching the colour.

My Name = デビッド英語
Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 1816 of 1,891 (202 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

sephiroth2k wrote:

any help would be great having an issue with my graphics in game when i try to play the pixels are screwed up either in the background or on the player where the pixels stretch from the character to different parts of the screen making it see through while stretching the colour.

You using Windows 8 by any chance?

TonightWeRide2.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 1817 of 1,891 (193 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

is that even out yet? but no i should have said i am using windows 7 64bit never had an issue until now wierd huh

* just updated all my AMD software (even though it said it was up to date) and it seems to have sorted it out 

My Name = デビッド英語
Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 1818 of 1,891 (184 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

sephiroth2k wrote:

is that even out yet? but no i should have said i am using windows 7 64bit never had an issue until now wierd huh

* just updated all my AMD software (even though it said it was up to date) and it seems to have sorted it out 

Yeah there's a pre-release out.

I was just asking because the exact same thing happened to me when I installed it. It was something to do with it not supporting the version of OpenGL that my graphics card was using.

TonightWeRide2.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 1819 of 1,891 (171 Views)
0 Kudos

my system is telling me its corrupt and is restoring, then not to turn off as it will restart itself, but after percentage bar reaches 100 per cent i am left with blank screen..... help!

Please use plain text.
Message 1820 of 1,891 (142 Views)
0 Kudos