07 Apr 2012
Playstation Staff

PS3 60Gb Model YLOD Today 07/04/2012

6 Replies 364 Views Created 07-04-2012

Well this evening myself and a few friends were enjoying a game of cards and a few social drinks with music coming from the PS3, after about an hour of use the PS3 sounded out a loud beep and turned off. I panic and thought straight away YLOD and i was right, i tried to turn the PS3 on and nothing a beep to green then 2 beeps to yellow.

I am in a bit of a pickle what i should do with the old 60Gb model just wondering what peoples suggestions are on the matter. I am not not sure if i should just sell all the games and call its quites on the PS3 or buy a new one. The only issue is im completely skint so it will be months before i can get my hands on a new one (unless anyone has liverpool station on the mcdonalds monopoly game :smileyhappy: ).

I have had a pretty good run of the 60Gb model i have had it since release day.

What do you guys recommend i do?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (364 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 60Gb Model YLOD Today 07/04/2012

throw it in the bin, and get a pc.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (360 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Hair dryer trick worked for me as a temporary fix before I could get a new one. Though I don't know if it'll last months. Probably not. :smileysad: Anyway if you're interested at all, look up some youtube videos on it.
Property of xLegioNx
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (357 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Can try and fix yourself, tons of info out there regarding this, try you tube or try try the search bar here you will find tons of info as this has been covered tons of times.

Not being nippy, just saying

"This is scarycharacter, for News at Ten. Inside The Official Playstation Forum"
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (356 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Could do a temp fix and do a full back-up.

WANT TO BE A : Beta Trial Member

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (350 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (315 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

It's just happend to me,   original UK launch day 60gig PS3,   well ventilated and well looked afrer.    Only moved it once whilst I've had it  to put a bigger HDD in.

Hours and hours of Skyrim and Demons souls possibily lost.   Haven't done a full backup in quite a while,  typical!

Will be trying the hair dryer trick later,   although I don't have a hair dryer so will be using a small fan heater.   Will report back on how it went.

If I can get it to boot I'll just do a full backup and buy a slim and use that instead.

UK Launch day PS3 60Gb - YLOD 17/08/12 RIP :'(
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (194 Views)
0 Kudos