Lounge

General Discussion

General Discussion

25 Dec 2012
By: ItsMe8191 Member 185 Posts
Level 4

PS3 advice?

28 Replies 319 Views Created 25-12-2012

Hey so I'm thinking of getting a PS3 soon so I can take full advantage of my PS+ subscription, I only have the vita at the moment.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any after christmas sales in any stores within the UK? Might as well try get a bargain for the after xmas sales :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 29 (319 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Re: PS3 advice?

Tesco are doing the 12GB model for £120 Boxing Day one day offer only. I know it's only 12GB add a 1TB HDD and caddy from Amazon it works out cheaper than the 500GB model. 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Internal-Drive-Compatible-Playstation/dp/B0053YLTBC/ref=sr_1_2?s=com...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Replacement-Mounting-Bracket/dp/B009CV1OVC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UT...

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 29 (312 Views)
Level 4

I was just looking up about how to connect an external hard drive to the ps3 before I saw this as I found an article saying Game will have a 12 gb ps3 + a game for £125 tomoz too :smileytongue:

Seems a little compllicated getting the external to work for the ps3 but I'll figure it out lol. Beats paying over the odds prices for a PS3 with inbuilt storage :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 29 (295 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

External drive wont work for games and game data installs. The only way is installing a compatible 2.5 sata hardrive or opt for a 500GB model or older slim model. .

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 29 (288 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Ahh right the article I read made it seem like you could save games on there too. Heres the link. if you wanna read it.

Think I'll start off with just a 500 GB hardrive tho and if I need more room later on I will get a larger drive :smileyhappy:

This is the one I think I'll get.

I'm guessing there will be some vids on youtube showing how to switch out the hardives so I'm not going in to it blind lol xD

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 29 (285 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

External HDD's are fine for full system back ups when upgrading your current HDD. They are also fine for music, video, photo and save data back ups just not game data. 

Personnally for an extra £20 i would go for the 1TB drive i linked above. I have been a PS+ member since june last year i am hammering the space on my 1TB. I don't even own a Vita yet so a 1TB HDD would be handy for managing Vita content memory cards are sooo expensive.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 29 (257 Views)
Level 10

I had a launch 60gb for years and even 60gb was no way large enough. I can't imagine what 12gb would be like. Especially as a PS+ subscriber. I'd definitely either upgrade the HD or go for the bigger HD out the box...

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 29 (238 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Hi guys,

My ps3 has been dead since May...i.e. It has overheating problem...everytime I switch it on - a message instantaneously pops up saying ''the system is overheating, please turn off''. 

I had a 2 yr warranty with PSpros...but, those jokers have gone bust.

I was wondering whether its worth purchasing a ps3 now amid rumours that ps4 may be coming out soon. Also, my current ps3 is the fat original one. Is there any advantage the slim one has over the fat one...apart from external features?...

Much appreciated,

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 29 (228 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

InfiniteStates wrote:

I had a launch 60gb for years and even 60gb was no way large enough. I can't imagine what 12gb would be like. Especially as a PS+ subscriber. I'd definitely either upgrade the HD or go for the bigger HD out the box...

I don't know what you people do with your PS3s.

I've had a 60gb since launch and I still have 10gb free even without deleting the unnecessary stuff!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 29 (221 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

foxhill wrote:

InfiniteStates wrote:

I don't know what you people do with your PS3s.

I've had a 60gb since launch and I still have 10gb free even without deleting the unnecessary stuff!

They probably play games on it. It doesn't take that many installs, game data, patches, DLC etc. to fill up 60GB. :smileyhappy: 

Battlelog - The Battlefield Sunday Event: Sundays 8pm
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 29 (216 Views)
0 Kudos