Lounge

General Discussion

General Discussion

19 Dec 2012
By: pokemonfan58 Member 1508 Posts
Level 4

Petition to end spam messages on psn!

14 Replies 347 Views Created 19-12-2012

To be honest I have recieved like hundreds of spam messages mostly from people I don't know that has no life and some from my friends! Alot of the time when I respond they don't respond or they say stupid crap.

So I just want you guys to go on your ps3 and copy and then paste this to your friends!

"Hello there. We've been noticing alot of spam activity going on PSN. Altough this is truely a spam or chain message or whatever you can call it. We want to end this and to tell all those people that messages like send this to all your friends to get 20$ or 50$ on psn or get a map pack for a Call of Duty game are truely fake. Send this to everyone on psn and on your friends list to show that all these gay chain messages are fake! Thank you!"

Yeah people who think they are real are dumb so if only if we do this we will get rid of chain messages for good!

If I keep getting complains about how to copy and paste i'll do a tutorial video about it!

Thanks for reading and be sure to do what I said if you want the chain messages to end!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (347 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Petition to end spam messages on psn!

Have you considered the XBox forums instead? 

You'd be much happier there.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (333 Views)
Level 4

Wow, that's a really clever idea - it's like Oceans 12 or something.

I know that other people reading this will be thinking, they'll be thinking: "It's not a clever idea Gawge, it's a futile tactic that cannot possibly hope to penetrate everybody who sends chain messages on PSN, and even if it did, it would be playing them at their own game which effectively defeats the purpose of the idea. Also, Oceans 12 is not a clever idea, it is a lazy sequel of a heist film to generate more work for several A-listers at once, which really had no 'open-mouth' moments of appreciation that is the standard for heist films, apart from maybe the Julia Roberts bit, but that wasn't a good form of shock, it was simply shock at the ineptitude of the writing team to include such a strange self-aware plot device as a main theme of the movie"

But, you're wrong. Pokey actually puts forward a sensible idea, spreading awareness of the obvious disease that is the chain message. Education is an essential tool in fighting such problems, and Pokey has hit the nail on the head, and is addressing the issue head-on.

Also, Oceans 12 was actually a fantastic piece of satire on the smugness and self-serving attitude of famous Hollywood actors - which had fantastically crafted dialogue with a deeper meaning than the initial vapid attempt to create a heist film. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (273 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (269 Views)
0 Kudos

It's all very simple.

• Select the appropriate message in your inbox
  • Press Triangle
  • Select 'Grief Report' to report the fool!

We all hate spam messages and we have processes in place to stop the people who spread these things around! Just report them and the moderation team will deal with them!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (265 Views)
Level 5

I thought the process for spammers was to make them GD moderators?
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (251 Views)
Level 3

pokey, you've sent me your fair share of spam messages on PSN
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (227 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

He sent me a Spiderman picture once but its too racist to show here.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (224 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

spiderman.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (220 Views)
Level 7

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (206 Views)
0 Kudos