24 Feb 2006
By: kooIkid201

3,945 Posts

Pop-up blocker not working!!!

10 Replies 209 Views Created 24-02-2006
I have a firewall and windows pop-up blocker. But recently the pop-up blocker has been allowing pop-ups from sites I have been on for the first time. And sometimes I've been getting adult pop-ups from family freindly websites! To cut to the chase, have you got any ideas on how to stop these pop-ups?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (209 Views)
0 Kudos

No Subject

I would get a dedicated software, Like Norton Internet Security. Does everything you need easily, if your willing to fork out the cash for it. Currently listening to: Nirvana - Where Did You Sleep Last Night
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (209 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

No Subject

sounds like adware/spyware search google or download.com for a program to delete all the mess

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (209 Views)
0 Kudos

No Subject

Well I didn't read your post, but I got the first pop up that i've ever had in ages like as soon as I clicked on the title
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (209 Views)
0 Kudos

No Subject

na not adware or spyware. It indicates that it has blocked a pop-up but at the same time the pop-up appears. Im updating norton right now.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (209 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

No Subject

Not neccessarily adware. Eventually they always find a way past the pop-up blockers. Make sure you have the pop-up blocker set to the highest setting & that should prevent the majority of the few pop-ups you get.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (209 Views)
0 Kudos

No Subject

quote:
Originally posted by koolkid201: na not adware or spyware. It indicates that it has blocked a pop-up but at the same time the pop-up appears. Im updating norton right now.
Oh yeah with norton you need to update it after a couple of months, otherwise all the features stop walking. happened to me.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (209 Views)
0 Kudos

No Subject

im running a scan on this malware remover right now. it scans in the internet explorer window pretty clever
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (209 Views)
0 Kudos

GRRRRRRR

I am forever getting pop-ups no matter what programme i use to block them they don't stop and it is getting so flippin annoying now. I have tried Ad-aware Norton's Spybot Windows anti spyware and they still keep coming Gossip is the last Refuge of People who have no Live's
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (209 Views)
0 Kudos

No Subject

quote:
Originally posted by Sapphire2: *stuffy stuff*
just curious sapphire, what browser are you using? --------------------------------------------------------------- My deviant art A whole new look. was finisher. Not now. The CChaters forum! Just a place for alittle bit of no restrictions fun
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (209 Views)
0 Kudos