Level 6

Re: RIP beloved 60

[ Edited ]

Yeah mate, I doubt there's enough solder left in mine to reflow again. I did get one very solid year, but I took my time doing it and made sure I took every precaution. I looked around for quite a while here, and managed to find a guy who even lets you watch the whole procedure if you want (geek-gasm anyone? lol). It's reasonable - $85 to pull the old chip out and clean it all up. They check the chips and board for warping and see if it can be fixed. If that's a go, then it's another $65 to put good old fashioned leaded solder in using an infrared BGA machine. So $150 all up is pretty good.

*puts pipe in mouth* Bring back the good old days when if your machine stopped working you just pulled the cartridge out and blew all the dust out of there :Lol:

Edit: Haven't got time to look for a link, but I remember reading Nintendo is going for an announcement this year, while they reckon M$ + $ony are waiting until E3 2013. Or later...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 31 (297 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

***** Smith's impending doomsday sale might be a good time to grab a cheap new PS3 console....
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 31 (263 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

I was actually thinking about a PS2 now that my borrowed one is about to be returned to it's owner (after almost ten years)... my original fat launch PS2 was a bit iffy when I last used it... and with being on my 3rd PS3 now, I no longer have b/c...

Of course, my PS2 collection is that small (especially after my ex took her games) I could just about get the whole collection back as PS3 HD remasters.... :Lol: ... if Rockstar HD re-release the GTA games, that won't be that far from the truth...

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 31 (259 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

I cant bloody believe it.

Do my PS3's have some psychic ability to know exactly when I have gone broke??

First my 60g dies on me a few months back.

Now it looks as though my 80g has now died.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 31 (219 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Oh they know alright... :smileymad:

Mine's back together now, but it's got blu-ray problems now. At least PSN games still work - at this stage. I've probably just jinxed that come to think of it :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 31 (215 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

I'll tempt fate and say my original phattys still going strong after some heating issuses i had not to long ago, took it to work, got a sparky to pull it apart and give it a good clean, still going so hopefully it'll hold out til the next "big" thing :Lol:

The Predator is THE most awesomest movie Alien ever! Period!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 31 (188 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

DON'T DO THAT AGUNZI!!!!! :Lol:

After I wrote that previous post, sure enough games stopped working altogether... I ended up getting another drive, and I'll be re-furbishing mine at some stage because it'll go straight back in when this one craps out. So far so good, I have updated all games and everything's backed up, only thing left to do is hammer Battlefield 3 and give it the real test!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 31 (184 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Alas my 60 gb has finally passed on...

My 40 gb, after suffering a horrible drop on the road from a moving vehical 4 months ago, is however running better than ever!

Ok so it has a damaged outer casing but seriously who looks at the console when playing games?

Time to buy a new PS3 so the kids wont miss their 60 gb too much.

Ras.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 31 (116 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Rastan_Saga wrote:

Lest we forget....:xCry:

A minute silence was taken by me.

Ras

There should be a public holliday in rememberance..........

1TB SSHD PS4 – Samsung 40” 3D LED – Yamaha 5x 100watt Receiver
Looking for a clan to join ?? check out Beyond The Grave [BTG]
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 31 (112 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Agreed

Ras.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos