Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: SKYLON nears crunch time!

[ Edited ]

fenian wrote:
I always hope things like this fail, am I the only one?

No, others people also get looked down upon for such thinking.

:smileytongue:

I jest ofcourse. We don't look down on the others. :smileytongue::smileytongue::smileytongue::smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 30 (146 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

fenian wrote:

I remember watching that space shuttle take off in high school the one that exploded just after take off.

that was exciting but I've watched others that have gone off without incident and they have never had the drama of that one

all others have been a bit of a let down to be honest

I'm just a sweet transvestite from Transsexual, Transylvania
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 30 (140 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

fenian wrote:

Yes :No-no:

WANT TO BE A : Beta Trial Member

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 30 (136 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

fenian wrote:

The excitment and curisotiy of the out come of it's success out weighs the lols and possible entertainment value of its failure for me.

You can't save time only spend it.
Sneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 30 (132 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I have an idea, they should test it to destruction, you know sometimes when they test things to their limits till they explode to find out exactly where those limits are. Why dont they do that, win win for everyone. Do a deal with google, million views, money in the bank.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 30 (122 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

fenian wrote:
I have an idea, they should test it to destruction, you know sometimes when they test things to their limits till they explode to find out exactly where those limits are. Why dont they do that, win win for everyone. Do a deal with google, million views, money in the bank.

Prototypes are expensive and this one is way to expensive for such a risky financial plan(???). It also wouldn't look good to investors.

probably all the money they get would go into upgrading the prototype rather than making a new one from scratch if it is not necessary.

Sneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 30 (114 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Good news everybody, Stage Two testing was a success and the firm were present at the Farnborough Air Show to give the results. The British Government was present to watch and it appears they are confident this company will make it all work and because of the Skylon project they are moving to create a policy to regulate spaceplanes taking off and landing in the UK, which at moment none exist and thus they are changing laws to make any craft legal.

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/farnborough-reaction-engines-reveals-successful-test-resul...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-18784866

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/07/11/uk_gov_open_skies_to_spaceplanes/

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 30 (82 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

If they get this to work wouldn't this be the first spacecraft we have launched into space?
Sneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 30 (72 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Well it would be first we may launch from the UK that is functional, Skylon ironically is not the biggest picture in this. But instead it is the Sabre engine, it can be used passenger planes and could take those passengers from London to Sydney in four hours.... using ultra clean fuels. To allay fears that current airplane manufacturers will apply politics and stop it, Reaction Engines will licence them out so they can also build them. That is smart, considering what happened with Concorde and USA.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 30 (63 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

ProjectVRD wrote:

To allay fears that current airplane manufacturers will apply politics and stop it, Reaction Engines will licence them out so they can also build them. That is smart, considering what happened with Concorde and USA.

Eh? Can you elaborate?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 30 (54 Views)
0 Kudos