Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3

shankly1985 wrote:
Got a desire that I got in 2010 still looks has good as day one. No issues with my One X lets face it when new phones or anything for that matter some have problems most dont. You name one phone that dont have bloated software? Samsung well on my girlfriends GS2 is rammed with un-wanted software. There is no denying it Sense 4.0 is class, When I had my Desire I tried all Roms out there and always kept coming back to sense it just cant be beaten. Not had to use customer service so cant comment on that.

James91 wrote:
HTC deservedly have tanked of late, and rightly so. Tired designs (up until the One X and S), bloated software, pretty poor customer service for the most part and whilst perceived build quality is good in the long run their phones don't stand the test of time all that well.

Plus the new One X and One S have had their issues from the MOX chipping away on the One S to the One X having poorly fitted screens and cases to screens having yellow blotches on them.

Apart from the One X has had a lot of issues for a new phone, with about 1/3 of people on xda having to have at least one swapped from a poll I saw, and numerous people on the HUKD thread for it at £36 having to return theirs too for many different reasons. Newer models seem less affected so I'd put it down to HTC trying to rush the One X out before Samsung's GS3.

On the topic of bloat I was talking about the OEM skin itself and the latest revision of the TouchWiz UX is closer to stock than HTC's skin whilst anything added is usually a benefit. One phone without any bloated software? Umm... the Nexus line of phones from Google, iPhone and Windows Phone 7 devices.

I can easily deny Sense 4.0 veubg class, it's a lot better than it was but there really isn't a need for it as the skin adds nothing to Android now. You could've argued with 1.x and 2.x builds of Android it improved hugely on the aesthetics but now Sense is arguably the ugliest skin out there on the high end devices.

Sense had its appeals before Android 4.x and I could understand why people liked it (although when I was on Android CyanogenMod was Godly and I wouldn't use anything else) but it's not needed now.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 119 (365 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Each to there own but I know where I stand and sense rocks :smileywink: I really ment Android phones but yes I forgot about nexus. I know 3 people who have One x 4 including me and not one of use have a problem. You also have to remember people who have a issue post on forums, people who dont have a problem dont go posting My phone works great. So it seems alot more people are having problems. And I had my phone from second week of release so its not down to rushing, its down to some people just get un-lucky.

James91 wrote:

shankly1985 wrote:
Got a desire that I got in 2010 still looks has good as day one. No issues with my One X lets face it when new phones or anything for that matter some have problems most dont. You name one phone that dont have bloated software? Samsung well on my girlfriends GS2 is rammed with un-wanted software. There is no denying it Sense 4.0 is class, When I had my Desire I tried all Roms out there and always kept coming back to sense it just cant be beaten. Not had to use customer service so cant comment on that.

James91 wrote:
HTC deservedly have tanked of late, and rightly so. Tired designs (up until the One X and S), bloated software, pretty poor customer service for the most part and whilst perceived build quality is good in the long run their phones don't stand the test of time all that well.

Plus the new One X and One S have had their issues from the MOX chipping away on the One S to the One X having poorly fitted screens and cases to screens having yellow blotches on them.

Apart from the One X has had a lot of issues for a new phone, with about 1/3 of people on xda having to have at least one swapped from a poll I saw, and numerous people on the HUKD thread for it at £36 having to return theirs too for many different reasons. Newer models seem less affected so I'd put it down to HTC trying to rush the One X out before Samsung's GS3.

On the topic of bloat I was talking about the OEM skin itself and the latest revision of the TouchWiz UX is closer to stock than HTC's skin whilst anything added is usually a benefit. One phone without any bloated software? Umm... the Nexus line of phones from Google, iPhone and Windows Phone 7 devices.

I can easily deny Sense 4.0 veubg class, it's a lot better than it was but there really isn't a need for it as the skin adds nothing to Android now. You could've argued with 1.x and 2.x builds of Android it improved hugely on the aesthetics but now Sense is arguably the ugliest skin out there on the high end devices.

Sense had its appeals before Android 4.x and I could understand why people liked it (although when I was on Android CyanogenMod was Godly and I wouldn't use anything else) but it's not needed now.

Case: Corsair Carbide 500r/MB: Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3/CPU: i5 2500k/GPU: XFX HD7950 DD/Cooling: Corsair H80/Ram: Kingston HyperX 8GB/PSU: Corsair HX850w / 2TB Seagate Sata3 HDD+250GB Samsung Evo/Audio: Asus Xonar DS/Corsair Vengeance 1500
Steam-shankly1985 - Psn-shankly1985
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 119 (351 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

PatC_PSN wrote:

I believe that Apple source around $10bn a year worth of parts from Amstrad. Oops! I meant Samsung.

I thought they were legally bound to buy the parts from samsung, as samsung invented them, whenever apple had a problem samsung fixed it but made them sign an agreement to buy parts into the future.

Them agreements have all ended, and now samsung does not let apple into any of their innovations, hence apple isnt on the cutting edge processors that samsung have, and hence apple has to talk about pixel density when better amoled screen tech is in phones.

When you leave apple to it themselves, they cant even put an antenna in right lol. But thats what happens when your technical partners are the chinnese lol.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 119 (334 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
Just thought I would post this as I remembered this thread when I saw this. Looks like neither phone really fairs well when dropped. Though I wouldn't want call one test legitimate but nevertheless it was an interesting watch.

http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-vs-iphone-4s-drop-test-92152/
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 119 (301 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 119 (291 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

OK my dad is trying to turn off the face detection thing when he's trying to view his photos. Anyone know how to do that? I've Google'd, I've YouTube'd, nothing.
Не верь, не бойся, не проси

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 119 (269 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

xElfenLied_US wrote:
OK my dad is trying to turn off the face detection thing when he's trying to view his photos. Anyone know how to do that? I've Google'd, I've YouTube'd, nothing.

Has he tried taking photos of people from behind?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 119 (253 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Menu >> settings >> security >> screen lock

change it to pattern, pin, swipe, password instead.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 119 (240 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

fenian wrote:

Not what he's talking about but well done anyway.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 119 (229 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

shanethegooner wrote:

fenian wrote:

Not what he's talking about but well done anyway.

She's talking about, but nice try buddy.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 119 (226 Views)
0 Kudos