Lounge

General Discussion

General Discussion

Level 3

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3

i've tried that one too i found vignette to have sharper effects both good apps though

PSN: seany_boy2k8
Xbox tag: Seany_Blitz
Please use plain text.
Message 111 of 119 (260 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

does anyone notice that the screen goes really dim when playing videos stored on the phone?

Please use plain text.
Message 112 of 119 (234 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

You probably have it set on auto brightness or something.
Не верь, не бойся, не проси

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 113 of 119 (222 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

I'm coming to my upgrade very soon, and I am looking at other phones instead of the iPhone.

However, from my point of view I like the development more on the iPhone (1st and 3rd party) compared to Android. I had the T-Mobile G1, then a HTC Desire then a Desire HD, modded them with custom ROMs etc. etc. and tried to write some tweaks for them but I just found Android to be a dull OS. But looking at it now it does look a lot sharper and more friendly, also the fact that phone manufacturers are starting to tweak it more to match the hardware of the phone. And out of the lot of them the Galaxy S III looks the one to get.

Still, I don't know if I would chance getting another Android handset just to be disappointed by the OS again when I love my iPhone and iOS (Especially jailbroken) and already have accessories for it. I think the only thing that would make me go for the Galaxy S III would be if it was a fair bit cheaper than the iPhone, which it isn't.

To those who own one, what's the best thing about it?

And is it ridiculously thin?

Please use plain text.
Message 114 of 119 (215 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

xElfenLied_US wrote:
You probably have it set on auto brightness or something.

no its not that i got it set to about 75% for all the time i even have Auto adjust screen power turned off so maybe its just the phone

Please use plain text.
Message 115 of 119 (205 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

There is more than one screen brightnes setting, each app can have different settings.

The main setting out in the menu will adjust brightness of the screen dependant on ambient light. There is a power saving one, but there is also a "video brightness" setting, pause the video and press the menu button while a video is on, and you can see it, you can then turn the video brightness up and down.

Please use plain text.
Message 116 of 119 (184 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

that sorted it thanks :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 117 of 119 (161 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

^_^ glad it worked.

Please use plain text.
Message 118 of 119 (156 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Just got one super easy to root and sim unlock. 

Please use plain text.
Message 119 of 119 (141 Views)
0 Kudos