12 Jun 2012
Playstation Staff

SimCity (2013)

[ Edited ]
17 Replies 568 Views edited 13-06-2012

I don't know if this is even coming out to PS3, but so far it's only been announced for PC. I want this game so much, but I have this dilemma of not knowing if my PC Specs match up to the PC game specs. I'll need someone with knowledge on PCs.

My PC Specs

PC specs.png

Game Specs

game specs.png

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/69344 - Please sign

To PlayStation... Semper Fidelis
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18 (568 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: SimCity (2013)

All you have to do is look at your comp, then look at the specs, and see if your comp meets them.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18 (565 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

fenian wrote:
All you have to do is look at your comp, then look at the specs, and see if your comp meets them.

I' don't know what I'm supposed to be looking at, cos my PC says something completely different to the game.

Anyway that's why I need help in seeing if the both are compatible.

damn it'll be so much easier if the games were released on console

EDIT: I've worked out, that my computer can play this game, so you can discard this thread if you like or if people got certain things that need discussing about SimCity, can discuss it below.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18 (560 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

SimCity wouldn't work too well on PS3... 

Graphics look a lot less realistic than 4... but it still looks better :Stupid:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18 (555 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Looks like it should run but would be quite slow due to processing power required.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18 (552 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

EdwCarnby wrote:
Looks like it should run but would be quite slow due to processing power required.

That's the only thing I'm struggling with at the minute lol, the other specs match up, but the processing power that's needed could exceed mine.

• mine is AMD Athlon II X2 Processor P340

• The game requires AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better or Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better.

So which game is better out of the two bullitt points? I bought my laptop in January 2011 so it's a year and a half old. I must say, that this is the reason why I hate buying stuff for my computer. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18 (548 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Is it wrong to claim that the SimsCity for Facebook almost looks just as better, if not better than SimsCity 2013=d?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18 (533 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Very....

If I get another request... grrr

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18 (529 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Facebook's got SimCity? 

EDIT: Yeap seen it: SimCity Social; but it's only basic counterpart to the actual SimCity game. I hope Sony can sign a deal with them to get SimCity ported to PS3 cos' I doubt the PC version would work on my computer. The PS3 also needs a lot more simulation games as there's a massive gap in the market at the minute.

The only true simulation we have is The Sims; the rest don't count as there more starategy based that simulators e.g. Civ Rev.  I'm honestly starting to get sick of playing house as it's confined, I need to broaden my horizons and venture out. Any news of  a newly developed Theme Park game or Theme Hospital game. As these were really good on PS1, but look rubbish on the PS3,

• so I desperatly need a new Theme Park or Theme Hospital and you should really get that deal going to get SimCity.  If you're really clever you can create a new IP simulator that's made by SCE.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18 (510 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Yeah your Specifications are within the games recommended specs. 

AMD Athlon 4000+ runs at 2100MHz, your at 2200MHz, so your ok, you have 4GB RAM, and 1.5 needed so your ok there, 

Your graphics might lag it a little depending on the adapter you have. 

@LarasAider - I agree totally with you there, I love strategy games, and I also hope that PS3 brings Sim City to PS3. I also would love to see Roller Coaster Tycoon or any other Tycoon games come to PS3 too. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18 (486 Views)
0 Kudos