Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Sleep Paralysis

TheMethod wrote:
Well, if there was no risk of the terror I sometimes get that comes with it, I might be tempted to play around with the whole phenomina - but not being able to breathe, speak, or move AND being scared to death is just asking for trouble.

It's no wonder people think they've been abducted by aliens...waait a minute...just maybe....?

It's a theory proposed for many "alien abductions" especially because the mind can enter a hallucinatory state between consciousness and unconsciousness (and I can testify to this).

If it's happened to you a few times I'm surprised that it scares you.

I wasn't that disturbed the first time it ever happened to me, and it did feel (in a clichéd way) as if a ghost was holding me down.

Having never believed in anything paranormal and being able to rationalise it all many years later, it's just an interesting anomaly of human consciousness

PSN: DrTrouserPlank
XBL: AgentKillmore
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 51 (263 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I wouldn't be bothered by it if it didn't come with the hallucination's lol...like i said in my first post i saw a shadowy figure walking by my bed and once it reached my arm, which was hanging over the side i woke up, i can remember trying to shout but all i heard was slight groaning....when i woke up tho i was all snugged up and my arms were in my bed so i just thought that was weird and with me being tired went back to sleep and thought nothing of it til the next day..i didn't even know stuff like this existed and now im quite interested in it and would like to do it again but maybe let it manifest so i can overcome it...but at the same time i don't want to, if that makes sense lol..

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 51 (257 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Force, lmao, I always wondered too! When I knew Paula was awake whilst I was having my 'episode' I asked her.

You know what's really scary though, the fact that you WERE actually trying to scream for help and that it was no dream, you COULDN'T get it out - weirder still is the fact that you are having a right bloody nightmare of a scenario inches away from someone who could help you but you just couldn't communicate your absolute terror! Now THAT is freaky!

*shudder*

I'm not sure, but I think once or twice I might have broken through it and got a shout out...I dunno. lol

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 51 (250 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Some of the stories i've read are disturbing, people being dragged out of bed and down the stairs etc...*****!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 51 (245 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Also, I always used to dream of flying, either of my own accord by climbing through my window after the "floating about the room experience" or via means of cycling a tiny little bike with no wheels...yeah, lol, I dunno either!? lmao

Flying I like, falling back to my bed aint that bad either, I've even had the sensation of turning a scary dream around into a good one, as though in control - that could just be a dream itself though - and that's fine, even nightmares can be OK sometimes, like giving a fealing of accomplishment or survival.

Heartbreak dreams can put you off for a whole day as though they happened, so I can leave those, and that fealing of dread - as though I just feel the inevitability of a dreadful experience coming as my eyelids struggle to stay open in defence...that, along with the other scary asects of paralysis still do scare me.

Like you say though Plank, I find it an incredible bizzarity of being a human. Kudos to humans for being weird. Great.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 51 (243 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

OK Twigs, I'm officially not going to sleep tonight you ***hole. lol

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 51 (241 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

TheMethod wrote:
OK Twigs, I'm officially not going to sleep tonight you ***hole. lol

Lol i know! i can link you to a vid on youtube of one of the video's if you like, i stopped watching it at about 2 minutes in because next time i go to bed i'd be thinking about it and more or likely it would happen to me lmao...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 51 (237 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Hit me with it....OK my boiler just made a weird noise nad my plumbing rattled about in the attic above my head like footsteps and I nearly plopped all over the bed. lol You laugh, but I'm over 30 years old. This thread is evil. F*** it. (gimme the link)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 51 (230 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Amg can't find the scary one but this one makes me nervous lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPMUz8RAjks

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 51 (228 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Now im going to be dreaming of the shadow man and the old women :smileysad:

Edit - maybe the shadowy figure of a little girl i saw was infact the old hag o.O

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 51 (224 Views)
0 Kudos