Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: Smart Phone Users

Advanced Task Killer is pointless on android as android manages memory usage properly, if anything this will waste the battery.

3G watchdog
Battery snap
Google Goggles (infact most google apps)
^^^ all good

PS3 Slim 120Gb Upgraded To 250Gb
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 24 (213 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

I have a smart phone, but I don't really use it as one. All I want is an old style phone with a good camera & great MP3 player. Think the w850i but a new version.

I don't run any apps on my android phone at the moment.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 24 (203 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

webrosc wrote:
Advanced Task Killer is pointless on android as android manages memory usage properly, if anything this will waste the battery.

3G watchdog
Battery snap
^^^ all good

My Samsung Galaxy S1 is so dodgy that it I am forced to use Advanced Task Killer to force close programs that are crashing the phone.

What's 3G watchdog about?

I do agree with getting as many Google apps as possible.  Same with Apple and their apps.  They both tend to know what they are doing lol

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 24 (195 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Adobe Reader
Advanced Task Killer
App Cache Cleaner
App sharing
Block puzzle 2
calculator
calender
call history (really good app)
camcorder
camera
clock
colournote
copilot gps
deskclock
espngoals
favourites
flashlight
flashlight
fm radio
footprints
friend stream
gallery
gmail
intenet
latitude
learn more
mail

will post rest later, too long list :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 24 (181 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

LordRoss wrote:

webrosc wrote:

3G watchdog
Battery snap
^^^ all good

My Samsung Galaxy S1 is so dodgy that it I am forced to use Advanced Task Killer to force close programs that are crashing the phone.

I do agree with getting as many Google apps as possible.  Same with Apple and their apps.  They both tend to know what they are doing lol

Thats fair enough then, but the majority of time task killer will close an app thats running in the background that is needed to be left open, so its a case of app is closed by task killer, app reopens itself, then task killer closes it etc etc causing unnecessary usage.

3G watchdog is a monitor of the 3G network and tells you how much you've used, you set your plans limits and when its reset, 3G watchdog will warn you when your usage is close to the limit.

Google goggles is great, i've used it a few times on a profile site to scan someones photo and its given me the actress the 'lady' is using pics of lol :smileywink:

Call confirm is a must for me too, it basically pops up a box when you goto dial someone asking if you ment to call, saves accidently calling someone when phone is in pocket.

PS3 Slim 120Gb Upgraded To 250Gb
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 24 (165 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

webrosc wrote:

LordRoss wrote:

webrosc wrote:

3G watchdog
Battery snap
^^^ all good

Thats fair enough then, but the majority of time task killer will close an app thats running in the background that is needed to be left open, so its a case of app is closed by task killer, app reopens itself, then task killer closes it etc etc causing unnecessary usage.

3G watchdog is a monitor of the 3G network and tells you how much you've used, you set your plans limits and when its reset, 3G watchdog will warn you when your usage is close to the limit.

Google goggles is great, i've used it a few times on a profile site to scan someones photo and its given me the actress the 'lady' is using pics of lol :smileywink:

Call confirm is a must for me too, it basically pops up a box when you goto dial someone asking if you ment to call, saves accidently calling someone when phone is in pocket.

I would suggest deleting the app that instrusively keeps trying to open up after being closed, as that up will cause battery drain.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 24 (148 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Shoutcast . Thousands of streaming radio stations at varying bitrates :smileyhappy:
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 24 (142 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

i have a Samsung Galaxy S2 (NFC) (GT-I9100p)

screen 1

- default clock widget (4x1 size)

- be-weather widget (4x1size)

- facebook app

- twitter app

- google mail app

- google talk app

screen 2

- BBC news widget - northern ireland news (4x1 size)

- default calendar app

- default calculator app

- default FM radio app

- default camera app

- firefox browser app

- default clock app (i use this for oven timer mainly)

- settings app

- contact shortcut (wife)

screen 3

- youtube app

- tune-in radio app

- flixter app

- my o2 app

- zynga poker app

- draw free app

- words free app

- cut the rope full paid app

- google play store app

- samsung hub app

- AVG antivirus free app

- default task manager app

screen 4

- Playstation widget (4x1size)

- playstation app

- playstation EU english forum firefox shortcut

- BF3stats.com app

- DICE battlelog firefox shortcut

- BF3stats.com rank progression widget (4x1 size)

other handy apps in appdrawer

- amazon app

- argos app

- tiny flashlight app

- yell.com app

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 24 (140 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

EdwCarnby wrote:
Shoutcast . Thousands of streaming radio stations at varying bitrates :smileyhappy:

sounds alot mlike the tune-in radio app, just be careful about using on the move, outside wifi coverage

mine popped up a warning that it can use up to 100mb per hour. you could easliy buzz through your monthly allowance in less than a day

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 24 (139 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Only a few I use now and then on iPhone4s/iPad2 :

TraxxFM: The best internet stations by far.

Waze: Handy sometimes. I can't believe how it's free too. Are there any Wazers on here ?

DeRemote and Denonoff for controlling AV.

XE Currency Converter. Essential for holidays. 

and the best app ever.....

Sleepmachine. Made by the same people that create the Sleepmachines CDs. I use it most nights. Excellent value for money !

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 24 (131 Views)
0 Kudos