Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Staying Up For 48 Hours Challenge!!!

Longest I've stayed up is about 37 hours. I've only ever gone on two occasions I can recall without sleep. This New Years with a friend to make it memorable. We walked through the town at 7 on New Years Day, it was like something from I Am Legend. I conked at 5 that day.

The other day was when I was about 11, many moons ago. It was a great time, stayed at a friend's house, we didn't sleep, party next day, far too much caffeine for our young bodies managed to get us to the night, but when it wore off and I began to come down I was so tired the only way I can describe it is like being intensely drunk. Things register slow with your mind, you can't remember anything and carrying out basic tasks is suddenly alot of mental work.

I dunno why I just told that story. Moral is don't bother, it's pointless. Get the minimum amount of sleep required (9/8 hours) and you'll be fine. You'll be living most of your life awake and you won't suffer the bad effects of sleep deprivation.

13-11-2004,1140
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 117 (408 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I would come and play CoD with you but my PS3 wont let me sign in. =(
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 117 (405 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

When you are all tired and sleepy, you hang in there and just imagine me nicely tucked up in bed sleeping :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 43 of 117 (404 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

IrelandSniper wrote:
When you are all tired and sleepy, you hang in there and just imagine me nicely tucked up in bed sleeping :smileyvery-happy:

:smileyindifferent:

Btw my dad is strongly against me taking red bull because of the crap it contains and the dangers...what shall I tell him to favour my arguement?
3969.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 117 (389 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Hour: 20-21
Comments: Very hungry, cant go downstairs and get some food because of risk at waking dad up and then he will make me sleep...FOREVER!!!!
3969.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 117 (374 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Keep going :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 117 (369 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I bought a load of 'No Doz' pills. Basically a 100mg hit of caffeine per tab. Very good!
 photo 2hgctuf.png

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 47 of 117 (366 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Hour: 23 (I think)
Comments: I can feel it kicking in now, still havent eaten for a few hours and my eyes now feel heavy. I am warning very often now and losing focus. Got a can of red bull with my name on it but have to wait about another 3 hours until I can have it.
I could go down any second lads.
3969.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 117 (361 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I find the best way to stay awake is to watch a tv series back to back. If you like it you can pass hours by doing that! Especially if it's the first time you have seen it!
 photo 2hgctuf.png

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 117 (356 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Submarine13 wrote:
I find the best way to stay awake is to watch a tv series back to back. If you like it you can pass hours by doing that! Especially if it's the first time you have seen it!

Film helped, watching a tv series hasnt.
3969.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 50 of 117 (354 Views)
0 Kudos