Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Staying Up For 48 Hours Challenge!!!

Longest I've stayed up is about 37 hours. I've only ever gone on two occasions I can recall without sleep. This New Years with a friend to make it memorable. We walked through the town at 7 on New Years Day, it was like something from I Am Legend. I conked at 5 that day.

The other day was when I was about 11, many moons ago. It was a great time, stayed at a friend's house, we didn't sleep, party next day, far too much caffeine for our young bodies managed to get us to the night, but when it wore off and I began to come down I was so tired the only way I can describe it is like being intensely drunk. Things register slow with your mind, you can't remember anything and carrying out basic tasks is suddenly alot of mental work.

I dunno why I just told that story. Moral is don't bother, it's pointless. Get the minimum amount of sleep required (9/8 hours) and you'll be fine. You'll be living most of your life awake and you won't suffer the bad effects of sleep deprivation.

13-11-2004,1140
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 117 (414 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I would come and play CoD with you but my PS3 wont let me sign in. =(
Photobucket
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 117 (411 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

When you are all tired and sleepy, you hang in there and just imagine me nicely tucked up in bed sleeping :smileyvery-happy:
0 Kudos
Message 43 of 117 (410 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

IrelandSniper wrote:
When you are all tired and sleepy, you hang in there and just imagine me nicely tucked up in bed sleeping :smileyvery-happy:

:smileyindifferent:

Btw my dad is strongly against me taking red bull because of the crap it contains and the dangers...what shall I tell him to favour my arguement?
3969.png
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 117 (395 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Hour: 20-21
Comments: Very hungry, cant go downstairs and get some food because of risk at waking dad up and then he will make me sleep...FOREVER!!!!
3969.png
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 117 (380 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Keep going :smileyhappy:
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 117 (375 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I bought a load of 'No Doz' pills. Basically a 100mg hit of caffeine per tab. Very good!
 photo 2hgctuf.png

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 117 (372 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Hour: 23 (I think)
Comments: I can feel it kicking in now, still havent eaten for a few hours and my eyes now feel heavy. I am warning very often now and losing focus. Got a can of red bull with my name on it but have to wait about another 3 hours until I can have it.
I could go down any second lads.
3969.png
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 117 (367 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I find the best way to stay awake is to watch a tv series back to back. If you like it you can pass hours by doing that! Especially if it's the first time you have seen it!
 photo 2hgctuf.png

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 117 (362 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Submarine13 wrote:
I find the best way to stay awake is to watch a tv series back to back. If you like it you can pass hours by doing that! Especially if it's the first time you have seen it!

Film helped, watching a tv series hasnt.
3969.png
0 Kudos
Message 50 of 117 (360 Views)
0 Kudos