30 Nov 2011
Playstation Staff

**The 2011 (un)Official PSF Community Awards**

19 Replies 882 Views Created 30-11-2011

Well, here we are again. Like always, in the month of December I'll be hosting the annual community awards. If you're familiar with the rules, skip down to the second dotted line. For those who have been here less than a year or don't know how the system works, I'd advise you to read the following before posting your vote:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every year, the community votes publically in recognition for the contributions and achievements made by a number of the most prominent members of the PlayStation Forum over the last 12 months. There are a number of categories which I will list below, and in each category you may vote for another active member. These awards are light-hearted and intended as goodwill, since there are no prizes aside from gratitude.

VOTING RULES:

- Each member of the community is allowed to vote

- Only 1 vote per person may be registered

- In the event that you enter multiple names, unless it is clear who you are voting for, the first name entered will be considered as your vote

- Members may not vote for themselves

- Members may not petition other users to vote for themselves or any other member

- Members may change their vote as often as they like up until the closing period

- If you wish to change your vote and are unable to, please leave a new reply clearly marking your edited votes

- Voting closes at 12:00am on 1 January, 2012 EST (1:00am EDST)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In light of feedback from last year's polling, some categories have been axed as they are no longer as particularly relevent to the community. A major issue that has plagued awards in the past is repeat winners. While there are no rules or limitations about who you vote for, I would remind everyone in the community to vote with sincere thought about whether that person exceeded all others this year in that category.

Without further ado, here are this year's categories:

PlayStation Trophy - Bronze.png

BRONZE AWARDS 

The Kevin Butler Award: Biggest PlayStation Fanboy

The Atkinson: Biggest Noob

Trophy Ho: Most Impressive Trophy Collection

Coolest Handle: Best Online Name

Best Avatar: Best profile picture

Best Signature: Best profile footer

Gone But Not Forgotten: Most missed forumer

PlayStation Trophy - Silver.jpg

SILVER AWARDS

Rookie of the Year: Best newcomer

Post of the Year: Best post/reply

The Joker: Most humourous forumer

Tour Guide: Most Helpful Forumer

Most Popular Moderator: Best moderator

21 Gun Salute: Most respected opposition clan (with PSF roots)

Thread of the Year: Best Thread

Best Innovation: Best new addition to the forums in 2011

PlayStation Trophy - Gold.png

GOLD AWARDS

Class President: Most diplomatic forumer

PSF All-Stars: Best second-tier forum contributors (up to 3 names allowed, Golden Spatula recipient cannot win this award)

PlayStation Trophy - Platinum.png

PLATINUM AWARD

The Golden Spatula: Overall most popular forumer

Happy voting!

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20 (882 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Re: **The 2011 (un)Official PSF Community Awards**

Hey rcoll,

I am happy to see you are doing the Community awards agani this year, as much as I would love to vote, as a mod I better not cause I don't wanna be biased towards anyone.

Good luck to all those nominated and hopefully we get a good number of members voting.

Pretoria Sig
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20 (855 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I'd like to nominate Jack_Daniels as The Joker! lol.

Always accept friend requests! And game invites!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20 (836 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Golden Spatula = me

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20 (817 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Best Avatar: Best profile picture = me :Thumbs:

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20 (801 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Hi Rcoll,

Good on for doing this again, but as Kiwi says above it's pretty hard to pick people in a quiet (very) year. Add to the fact that I've been on the forums far less and it makes the job even harder tbh. Like you said I don't just want to pick names I know , just because...

I can comment on a few specific names , or people I have seen posting and have caught my attention..

Aplogies to the forumers in case I get their handles wrong..

While a current holder of an official forum title, Renze is a regular poster who brings a level head, a sense of humour and good technical knowledge..

RandAPle4 is another member who responds to countless people (who many others despair at) in the technical threads (as does Renze) 

There are a few newbs who have come/ gone and 1 post threaded it....(seems the norm lately)...but one who is sticking around lately is makobeaver....very enthusiastic and good on him/her...

All of this is probably missing those people who post heavily in niche threads that I rarely read...so sorry,..it also doesn't include regular (and possibly more infrequent) posters such as Silver, skeefer, Agunzi and yourself Rcoll (etc..myself included)

I think even my old mate (he of silly post count) has slowed down a bit these days or has wandered to forums affield in search of conversation.....gone seem to be the days of "live" warts and all banter/flame wars...

As always ..I'll always stick my head in (probably more tha SAIUN...lol) and comment as much as I can :smileyhappy:

Q/ Where's STJ ??? - missed his Uncharted banter for this release...the thread has been a tad dead without him..

EDIT:..sorry, Kiwi posted in the games awards thread..not this one..

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20 (783 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

The multi time 'Class President' as usual speaks many wise words, and in a way I had pictured in my head to say myself, but feared would come out as kiwi-waffle...

Certainly for me, Renze deserves to hold on to his 'Most Helpful Forumer' title.... and makobeaver has been the forumer to me who is the 'Rookie of the Year - Best Newcomer'

Most missed forumer for me without doubt is STJ... while there are plenty of others I could list, most of those (including rcoll, lol) I know do still lurk, at least on occasion, and sometimes still post... STJ incidently I do know via facebook has had a very busy year outside of gaming, with graduating university, getting a job, and amongst other things, was recently awarded his blue belt in BJJ.... so big congrats to him for that..

Best Moderator - This time I'll nominate stupidbunnysuit, as sbs has been very active in such a short period of time (of account reg)

Best avatar - I also nominate stupidbunnysuit... Sorry, I can't remember who designed it (tho remember the thread).. but it's brilliant, lol..

The rest I'll really have to think on... but as smelck says, it's hard during a really quiet year, one that has been quieter than even the previous year...

Re: he of silly (but way less infrequent than days of past) post count... well, the posting has dropped significantly, but the forums still very much remain one of half a dozen or so open tabs in my browser every day, along with fb, NZGamer, BTG clan forums, MightyApe, and the Stuff newsite... I sometimes go through bursts of posting in the euro section, but it is so big and there are so many people in that region, that I actually lose track of what threads I post in, lol...

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20 (772 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

what about the "most spam award" ^^^^ 9,299 and counting :Lol:

I Miss The ANZ Forums :smileysad:...Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20 (751 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

why doesn't anyone miss me?

oh and good to see that my "Golden Spatula" name is being carried on :smileywink:

--------------------------------------------------
sig

Old Playstation Forums member since 3 September 2005, pioneer of the new forums. If you want to add me on the PSN, don't add my Abusive_Parents account
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20 (729 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

....you wanting some love Feral??

.....well I think your sense of humour is missed......where ya been ????

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20 (718 Views)
0 Kudos