Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: The Queen is awesome!

Warren_Jeeves wrote:

PatC_PSN wrote:

Warren_Jeeves wrote:

You have to squint real hard to read between the lines Pat, or maybe take off them shades.

That could be where I'm going wrong, cluttering up my thinking with facts instead of allowing my imagination to take over.

We could always ask Lara's what he takes to let his imagination flow.........I doubt you could buy it in Boots mind you.

You can probably get it on the corner outside Boots though, once it gets dark.

Although when King Andrew is in charge he may well crack down on that sort of thing.

0 Kudos
Message 101 of 132 (282 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

It used to be the first born boy would take the royal line, girls only got it if there were no boys born. A king can make a queen, a queen can not make a king.

New rules either in now, or coming in shortly will mean the eldest child regardless of sex will get the royal line, so in future first born daughter may get the line.

As of now, Prince charles is next in line, as soon as prince charles had a son that son pushed andrew out of position and took his place. If Charles dies William will take over as the royal bloodline next in line not Andrew.

If William has a child now, that child will bump his brother, and andrew even further down the line. That is the line that must be followed, and for Andrew to get ahead he would need to kill william and his brother, and any of their kids (its happened in the past in some royal lines)

0 Kudos
Message 102 of 132 (270 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

fenian wrote: 

New rules either in now, or coming in shortly will mean the eldest child regardless of sex will get the royal line, so in future first born daughter may get the line.

What a discrace.

*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
0 Kudos
Message 103 of 132 (265 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Mike939 wrote:

fenian wrote: 

What a discrace.

I know :smileysad:

The rules of succession were different in Irish Royalty, In Ireland when A king died anyone from his family could take over, it was put to a family vote. So sometimes the next in line would simply be the most political, or the best warrior or a mix of the two or the most crafty.

Royal families ended up being so big with powerful family members sometimes holding an army of their own, that the family could go to war with itself over who was next.

0 Kudos
Message 104 of 132 (262 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Sorry I am late to this... was busy over the weekend but not for our Majesty. Had a Bday party in Cardiff so me and the missus stayed in a hotel overnight, was really nice, we booked out a cottage on the grounds so we had our own sitting room etc. Probably kept the guests next door up all night due to the noise after we got back and got adventurous with bubbly in our room. The hotel thought we were celebrating an anniversary so they gave us three bottles of wine on the house, I was like "awesome!" and yeah, after the party and with those we both had a lot of fununtil the late hours of the morning... beer effect FTW. Was a bit swollen the next day though, stupid ankle.

Then had a bbq the next day, but nothing to do with the Jubilee. I couldn't get drunk that time though as I was driving, and not feeling well from the night before.

That was pretty much my jubilee bank holiday.

0 Kudos
Message 105 of 132 (226 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Between Lenny Henrys awkward black jokes and Grace Jones bizarre performance, I quite enjoyed the Jubilee concert on Monday night. Stevie Wonders performance being the highlight. (slightly ruined by the appearance of Will.i.am at the end). :smileyfrustrated:

Join me in EVE Online by signing up for an exclusive 21-day trial. Click here to get started
0 Kudos
Message 106 of 132 (222 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I'm still waiting for Lara's to come back here and apologise for editing my post and then admit he's wrong. I know he's been on here today but he seems to have ignored this thread and also ignored my comment in the spider thread where I told him he was wrong when he said the spider that bit him wasn't venomous.

He should change his sig to "Everything I post is a figment of my imagination, sorry"
0 Kudos
Message 107 of 132 (195 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

I_SCAR_I wrote:

Between Lenny Henrys awkward black jokes and Grace Jones bizarre performance, I quite enjoyed the Jubilee concert on Monday night. Stevie Wonders performance being the highlight. (slightly ruined by the appearance of Will.i.am at the end). :smileyfrustrated:

Why did Stevie Wonder and Will.i.am start singing Happy Birthday? It wasn't her birthday it was a jubilee celebration.  She already has two birthdays as it is, three is just greedy!

Although saying that I celebrate the whole week.  A birthweek I suppose you could call it.  That way I can ensure I do a family thing and a friend thing etc.

The festival was alright, wasn't great though.  A lot of odd and medicore performances but I suppose it's the thought that counts.

Fireworks were great but why was Buckingham Palace lighted up in a way that it represented a flag of another nation? lol

For a moment I thought it was a French flag.  That woulda been very poor form.  Luckily the red and blue are the wrong way around although I'm sure it still represents another nation.  I get the idea, red blue and white representing the colours of the Union flag but if they were gonna put colours on it like  I'm sure there was a better way of doing it.  Perhaps even using the Union flag itself.  They did earlier in the day anyway.

0 Kudos
Message 108 of 132 (178 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

I thought the graphics laid over Buck House when Madness were playing was pretty impressive.

Online PS gaming since 2003 - http://www.oaps.org
0 Kudos
Message 109 of 132 (176 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

I_SCAR_I wrote:

Between Lenny Henrys awkward black jokes

I've never found him funny, not even back in the 80s when he was allegedly at the height of his career and at his "funniest". Unfortunately one of our mates (who works with my missus) was all excited the other day because he'd scored myself and Mrs M two free tickets to see Lenny Henry live.

As he was so pleased with himself that he'd got them for us I'd feel bad telling him that I don't want to go because Lenny Henry is a talentless unfunny git who's only real benefit is that he keeps Dawn French busy and hopefully also off the TV.

:smileysad:

Online PS gaming since 2003 - http://www.oaps.org
0 Kudos
Message 110 of 132 (172 Views)
0 Kudos