Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: The Queen is awesome!

PatC_PSN wrote:
Logicintuwisdom wrote: I also remember how she responded when a very ill child with a ventilation tube up her nose gave her a bouquet of flowers on her last jubilee. Instead of kneeling down & properly communicating with the child like Diana would have done or any normal mother come to that, she took the bouquet from this child who can't have been more than about six years old as if the child had leprosy or something!
Like Diana would have done if there was a TV camera pointing at her, and she would have ensured that there was. 
I totally disagree and think that is absolute rubbish!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 81 of 132 (287 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Do you have a child with red locks?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 82 of 132 (274 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Logicintuwisdom wrote: I totally disagree and think that is absolute rubbish!

Well that certainly shot my argument down in flames.

Go for it troll boy. Give it your best shot.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 83 of 132 (266 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Logicintuwisdom wrote:

I'm an animal lover & I remember my mother telling me how she'd never forget or forgive the queen for smiling would you believe when a baby elephant was running around looking for it's mother that had just been murdered by somebody on one of those damn hunts they like to go on. 

I've often wondered if Lady Diana would still be with us if that piece of work hadn't taken her HRH away!

I also remember how she responded when a very ill child with a ventilation tube up her nose gave her a bouquet of flowers on her last jubilee. Instead of kneeling down & properly communicating with the child like Diana would have done or any normal mother come to that, she took the bouquet from this child who can't have been more than about six years old as if the child had leprosy or something!

She had to be almost dragged kicking & screaming back to London to do the right thing by her subjects - us gullible sods!

She's power hungry & nearly lost it, if it hadn't have been for Tony Blair.

Some of us don't forget or forgive!

I take it Logic you like to read the Daily Express then. :xRolleyes:

That incident that you mentioned regarding the child and the Queen (truthful or not), may I just remind you that Diana (who you feel should be regarded as a Saint) does have her own bad examples too.  Such as when visiting a hospital in South Africa, she arrived late, and the press that had gathered wasn't big enough for her, which she was was quite unhappy about. Then she turned at the gathered children and asked if there were sicker children available for her to have her photo taken with.  :Shame:

Not to mention how she treated Buckingham Palace staff (even getting some fired), made prank calls to the Queen's mum, accused family friends of affairs, apologising sarcastically about a supposed miscarriage during a well attended royal function and even went after celebrities like Jill Dando and Catherine Zeta Jones.

It's a shame that despite doing some amazing wonderful things, she is capable of doing malevalent and vengful acts too.

It will certainly be interesting to see what history makes of her but let's not put the rose tinted glasses on quite yet. :Thumbs:

Anywho back on topic (as in the Jubilee celebrations and the Royal family).  I've never heard that if Charles dies before the Queen it goes to Prince Andrew.  Is that really true? I don't mind Andrew but to be honest I do prefer it goes to William as opposed to Andrew's daughters.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 84 of 132 (255 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Seeing as it was Lara's who wrote it I'm gonna be taking it with a pinch of salt for now.

If he's he's right then I apologise in advance.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 85 of 132 (247 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

News just in:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18325522

Prince Philip has been taken to hospital :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 86 of 132 (223 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Bladder infection?

More like too much partying over the weekend and took an overdose. Bit like when the pop stars people say they collapsed due to exhaustion.

Take it easy Phil, you're not 52 anymore!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 87 of 132 (212 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Warren_Jeeves wrote:
Bladder infection?

More like too much partying over the weekend and took an overdose. Bit like when the pop stars people say they collapsed due to exhaustion.

Take it easy Phil, you're not 52 anymore!

It was probably as a result of him laughing too much at finding out what Grace Jones would be doing at the concert. Must have caught her rehearsal or something. Got off lightly I think.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 88 of 132 (202 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Warren_Jeeves wrote:
Seeing as it was Lara's who wrote it I'm gonna be taking it with a pinch of salt for now.

Everyone knows that the crown can't skip a generation as it must be passed down to the Queen's heirs.

and Since it's always the males first in line, if Charles dies before the Queen, then it'll make Prince Andrew king. But that law would change in the third (Prince William & Harry) generation  of the Royal Family allowing first born females to inherit the throne.

There's no where online that explains this stuff in easy simple terms and they also tend to waffle on a bit.

To PlayStation... Semper Fidelis

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 89 of 132 (200 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

LarasAider wrote:

Warren_Jeeves wrote:

Everyone knows that the crown can't skip a generation as it must be passed down to the Queen's heirs.

and Since it's always the males first in line, if Charles dies before the Queen, then it'll make Prince Andrew king. But that law would change in the third (Prince William & Harry) generation  of the Royal Family allowing first born females to inherit the throne.

There's no where online that explains this stuff in easy simple terms and they also tend to waffle on a bit.

Apparently not.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 90 of 132 (192 Views)
0 Kudos