Lounge

General Discussion

General Discussion

Level 5

Re: The Retro Corner

I don't know what console it was, but it was a small triangular box with a sort or circular screen. Space invaders was indeed awesome :smileyvery-happy: I think you could only play space invaders on it? Does anyone know what console it was?

Photobucket
PS3 #1 06/07/07-22/12/08 PS3 #2 02/01/09-19/09/09 PS3 #3 27/10/09 - 22/11/09 PS3#4 14/12/09-11/10/13 (Revived 01/11/13)

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 224 (1,616 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

jai163 wrote:

Oldest_Ancient wrote:
1. I'm pretty sure one of the versions had blood with the other being censored. I think it was the megadrive version that was uncensored?

Yup! The megadrive version was uncensored, but only with a cheat code entered at the start.

Any guesses on question 2?

I wasn't/ I'm not the biggest Street Fighter fan but I'd guess that the Megadrive version had M.Bison and Balrog the original way round, Balrog as the final boss and M.Bison as the boxer, whereas the SNES version was backwards?

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 224 (1,604 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

lol! Nice try but...... No. :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 224 (1,601 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

xHeatherx wrote:

I don't know whether anyone can remember this console, but I once had an Atari Jaguar:

atari jaguar.jpg

It was a good machine, but it didn't sell very well.

I also owned a Sega Saturn:

sega saturn.jpg

One of the games I loved the most on the Sega Saturn was Virtua Fighter 2. Great game :smileyhappy:

Ahh the Atari Jaguar, my first ever console lol, i loved playin Kasumi Ninja on that, i was literally stuck to the screen all day, until i got the Original Playstation, memories... :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 224 (1,597 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

how to you people remember that far back ?!?

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 224 (1,591 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

I still have a lot of my old systems NES,SNES,N64,Master System,Mega Drive,Amstrad cpc 464,Atari ST,Atari 800xl,Dreamcast,Ps1 and Ps2.
I don't class Ps2 as retro yet still have games to finish got side tracked with the Ps3.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 224 (1,590 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

How i hated the jaguar, my least favorite console of all time, the Sega Saturn was cool i could not stop playing virtua cop when i had one.
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 224 (1,590 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Plambey wrote:

InForTheKills wrote:
I had some sega handheld thing. Can't remember what it was called though :smileysad:

game gear?

i cant remember what i used to play, it dont think it was attari or comodore cause the images on google arent bringin back any memories, but it used to take games similar to tapes (i think) |GODDAM it its so long ago, i wish i cud memba. had (and still have) the NES, thats where things took off for me, that an playin SOR1 an 2 with friends on de megadrive, had more fun then probably than in the online gaming of today!

also, battleships and donkey kong country on the snes were jus unreal...

Yes that was it! Thanks!

I spent hours on sonic on that :Lol:

It had a rubbish battery life though, I remember it only lasted around 4 hours before the batteries needed replacing :Lol:

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 224 (1,583 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Amiga...just Amiga!

I had a 500+ and a 1200 (edit - and a CD32 too!) and they were awesome! I started out back with a rubber-keyed 48k spectrum though, also had a BBC Micro for some time as well as Nintendos and every Playstation.

But the golden era was Amiga...

Shadow of the Beast
Canon Fodder
Sensi Soccer
R-Type
Walker
Dark Seed
Monkey Island
Treasure Island Dizzy
Chuck Rock
Lotus Turbo Challange

The list is endless...

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 224 (1,581 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

some would even say, Retrosexual eh Meth! You'll count as retro soon won't you? *runs*
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 224 (1,576 Views)
0 Kudos