Level 3

Re: WWE is Stupid

fenian wrote:

lynchy59 wrote:

bigsteviecool20 wrote:

I disagree.

Your right without the Attitude era and the big starts people recognised as real wrestlers, and not these acting showmen of today.The WWE would not be as big as it is, and maybe wouldn't be still around. Especially after the multi-million dollar court case with the WWF over the name and branding.

The stars of attitude era e.g Rock & Stone Cold, in their prime would easily beat the likes of Cena. The only real remaining wrestler imo is The Undertaker. The Rock went onto fame and fortune in the TV and Movie business, not sure what happened to Stone Cold/ Steve Williams, but i think had many criminal charges and had a drugs problem.

You say you agree with him, but then say your fave wrestler is one of the few surviving zaney characters, the undertaker.

The fact that the superstar champions became generic musclemen with one line catch phrases which appealed to the action film kids at the time, is the reason that although it has big viewers, isnt what it used to be in terms of entertainment.

The reason people watched it every week was for mankind, the under taker, kane, the bigbossman etc the zane characters, and when they never brought the zane back to the champions it kind of fizzled out with them becoming generic muscle men and people like undertaker getting watered down, they still have the odd sad attempt at a zaney character like hornswaggle etc..

You seem to have mis quoted me here, i said Undertaker was one of the only remaining real wrestlers because he was from the time when WWE/WWF was at it's peak. But i didn't say he was my fav, far from it lol. My fav wrestler was Stone Cold but now just watch it when nothing else is on.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 61 of 71 (100 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

lynchy59 wrote:
You seem to have mis quoted me
Ahh right..

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 62 of 71 (97 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

TBH, The Undertaker and Steve Austin could never be called 'real' wrestlers. They just worked their gimmicks well. Don't get me wrong, they're thoroughly entertaining chaps.

Bret Hart, Chris Benoit (despite his appalling actions), Dean Malenko et al were real wrestlers.

I went to see British wrestling at the Assembly Rooms in Derby when I wes a child. Big Daddy Vs Giant Haystacks... LOL. 2 fat blokes bouncing people off their bellys!

Davey Boy 'Young David'/' The British Bulldog' Smith and Dave 'fit' Finlay also used to perform with them (Back when they actually did real wrestling moves and holds) before they got pumped up and cleared off to the US.

I loves it. All the old crap British stuff from World of Sport and the OTT world of WWE etc. :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 63 of 71 (96 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

wwf was never about real wrestling tho, You would see more wrestling watching randy couture in ufc with his greco-roman style.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 64 of 71 (92 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

fenian wrote:
wwf was never about real wrestling tho, You would see more wrestling watching randy couture in ufc with his greco-roman style.

Yup. The court case notwithstanding, WWE was always a better name than WWF. It's purely entertainment.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 65 of 71 (81 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

fenian wrote:

lynchy59 wrote:
You seem to have miss quoted me
Ahh right..

Okay... :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 66 of 71 (74 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

fenian wrote:

lynchy59 wrote:

bigsteviecool20 wrote:

I disagree.

Your right without the Attitude era and the big starts people recognised as real wrestlers, and not these acting showmen of today.The WWE would not be as big as it is, and maybe wouldn't be still around. Especially after the multi-million dollar court case with the WWF over the name and branding.

The stars of attitude era e.g Rock & Stone Cold, in their prime would easily beat the likes of Cena. The only real remaining wrestler imo is The Undertaker. The Rock went onto fame and fortune in the TV and Movie business, not sure what happened to Stone Cold/ Steve Williams, but i think had many criminal charges and had a drugs problem.

You say you agree with him, but then say your fave wrestler is one of the few surviving zaney characters, the undertaker.

The fact that the superstar champions became generic musclemen with one line catch phrases which appealed to the action film kids at the time, is the reason that although it has big viewers, isnt what it used to be in terms of entertainment.

The reason people watched it every week was for mankind, the under taker, kane, the bigbossman etc the zane characters, and when they never brought the zane back to the champions it kind of fizzled out with them becoming generic muscle men and people like undertaker getting watered down, they still have the odd sad attempt at a zaney character like hornswaggle etc..

With all due respect, when you say zaney gimmicks, i think of Doink The Clown, Warlord, Ultimate Warrior, Adam Bomb,The Godwinns, The Ding Dongs, etc

Undertaker's gimmick is far from zaney, its unique, to start off with it started off as gothic as the pale old school undertaker with the grey gloves but he made the gimmick his own.

The Anti-CoD and MoD Video Gamer
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 67 of 71 (73 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Tiger_Club wrote:

WJB1 wrote:

Tiger_Club wrote:
Well being the most watched event on TV, it can't be that stupid.

I don't know about specific countries, but the 2006 world cup final had 260 million viewers, roughly 1/4 of the developed world.

I meant as in a weekly show. 

Not something that shows once every 4 years. :smileyindifferent:

I heard somewhere that the Premiership gets like 1 billion views a week...
What is the point in having a signature?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 68 of 71 (68 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Tbh its obviously fake and scripted but its funny to watch xD

but it was better back in the days of the rock and stone cold :smileyvery-happy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 69 of 71 (57 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Martain2 wrote:

chickenwing46 wrote:

All wrestling is stupid and yesterday on the radio i heard this guy saying he thinks WWE is a great sport

He said football,rugby and tennis isnt a sport he said "its an act" :smileytongue:

Does anyone really think its real....cos if you do you'd wanna hit yourself over tthe head with a "steel chair" 

OMG. You seem more interested in talking about it than I do. And as i said in the last thread its not fake as i can actually see it happening, the words you're looking for are predetermined and/or scripted. Good try though kid.:Thumbs:
correct me if im wrong but isnt the opposite of fake ....REAL
Your saying its not fake..... 
 So your saying all that dancing around the stage and "smacking" chairs over peoples head is REAL :smileysurprised: 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 70 of 71 (52 Views)
0 Kudos