0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20 (154 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Well I wondered when this was going to happen

[ Edited ]

Bet no-one blamed violence on Doom back in the day :Thumbs:

You may as well say that Mario made me mug and jump on people until they spat out coins, and then I took some shrooms, and went through some sewers. :smileyindifferent:

Не верь, не бойся, не проси

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20 (151 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

xElfenLied_US wrote:

Bet no-one blamed violence on Doom back in the day :Thumbs:

You may as well say that Mario made me mug and jump on people until they spat out coins, and then I took some shrooms, and went through some sewers. :smileyindifferent:

Well if it wasnt mario that made you do it what was?

*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20 (141 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

BettySwollocks92 wrote:

I don't think anyone would blame gaming alone but it can be factored into what is probably a myriad of reasons for someone acting in the way Breivik did.

It cant be blamed at all, He is too old for it to be a factor, When he was younger and his brain was forming its pathways he would have had no interaction with violent games they simply were not around, therefore games were not a factor in him reaching a violent mindset at all.

Was it a factor in him acting on that mindset, probably not, he was probably reading a lot of terrorist material in order to come up with his bomb, and that probably would have had a bigger impact, but he was probably just made that way from a child and was always going to act out in one way or another.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20 (127 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Stalin used to play Hontanna Montanna to get trophies so I applaud the Dailymail for this useful news.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
www.owenprescott.com
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20 (116 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

What I find really interesting, is how we are more accepting/condemning of certain behaviour depending on certain conditions. I've been reading The Moral Landscape by Sam Harris, and this is a little relevant snippet:

Consider the following examples of human violence:

1. A four-year-old boy was playing with his father’s gun and killed a young woman. The gun had been kept loaded and unsecured in a dresser drawer.

2. A twelve-year-old boy, who had been the victim of continuous physical and emotional abuse, took his father’s gun and intentionally shot and killed a young woman because she was teasing him.

3. A twenty-five-year-old man, who had been the victim of continuous abuse as a child, intentionally shot and killed his girlfriend because she left him for another man.

4. A twenty-five-year-old man, who had been raised by wonderful parents and never abused, intentionally shot and killed a young woman he had never met “just for the fun of it.”

5. A twenty-five-year-old man, who had been raised by wonderful parents and never abused, intentionally shot and killed a young woman he had never met “just for the fun of it.” An MRI of the man’s brain revealed a tumor the size of a golf ball in his medial prefrontal cortex (a region responsible for the control of emotion and behavioral impulses).

We would all probably say some of these people are less 'to blame' than others. But... How can we make sense of these gradations of moral blame when brains and their background influences are, in every case, and to exactly the same degree, the real cause of a woman’s death?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20 (109 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

^^^^ That was kind of my point. Anything can make anybody do anything within the right or in this case wrong mind. To say that computer games cannot add to or influence a persons actions is wrong. Obviously there has to be other factors than just games but as I said when taken in with no doubt a myriad of other factors it all adds up. If the man was a fantasist then the games and their toys added to that.

It doesn't imply that anyone who plays a game is going to be influenced to commit the same acts just as not all men are going to rape a young girl because he's sexually excited by her wearing white ankle socks as was the case with one child murderer.

I'm just a sweet transvestite from Transsexual, Transylvania
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20 (95 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

all serial killers breath oxygen.

therefore if you breath oxygen you may become a serial killer.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20 (75 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

michelle_tabor wrote:
all serial killers breath oxygen.

therefore if you breath oxygen you may become a serial killer.

Everybody that has ever drank water has died.

*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20 (61 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Daily Mail are expert scare-mongers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFfWykH05Gw&feature=related

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20 (51 Views)