Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: What do you want from Playstation 4?

Im still running a launch ps3.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sig courtesy of ninjaowen
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 112 (283 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Well i am easy, all i want are some rear USB ports. I hate having my PS3 Eye cable trailing out the front. Other than that, i am sure i will be happy with what ever Sony brings to the table. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 112 (278 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I am sure Sony will retail ps4 at the price of £299.99 because there don't want to do the same mistakes of the last ps3 launch when they lost lot of a money so they probably want to take safe measures.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 43 of 112 (251 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

JoeNut wrote:
Something that plays games perfectly, none of this "living room hub" nonsense they tried with this gen, I want to play games, and watch movies. nothing else.

I'd go further and say it should just play games, and do that well. Why films? It won't happen though because of the perception by both Sony and many customers that having more features equates directly to a better product. Despite the fact that having more features will increase the costs and selling price, and that someone who tries to do too much rarely does any of it well.

Unless there is a radical transformation in Sony's product development stragegy I suspect they will deliver a console that is mediocre at playing games, but which has better technical specs, allows you to exchange endless audio, video and textual crap with other people, and broadcasts your every thought and bodily function via Facebook and Twitter.

And people will sit there playing on it, reminiscing over the days when all they had from a console was engaging gameplay. Which was all they really wanted.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 112 (238 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

PatC_PSN wrote:

JoeNut wrote:
Something that plays games perfectly, none of this "living room hub" nonsense they tried with this gen, I want to play games, and watch movies. nothing else.

I'd go further and say it should just play games, and do that well. Why films? It won't happen though because of the perception by both Sony and many customers that having more features equates directly to a better product. Despite the fact that having more features will increase the costs and selling price, and that someone who tries to do too much rarely does any of it well.

Unless there is a radical transformation in Sony's product development stragegy I suspect they will deliver a console that is mediocre at playing games, but which has better technical specs, allows you to exchange endless audio, video and textual crap with other people, and broadcasts your every thought and bodily function via Facebook and Twitter.

And people will sit there playing on it, reminiscing over the days when all they had from a console was engaging gameplay. Which was all they really wanted.

Yeap agree totally... Faffing with the consoles to include a Bus (games), Train (Social networks) and a car (movies); you know it's gonna end badly and going by my ludicrous thinking; you know which one would fare better.... The Train; as it's longer, uses up more space and be responsible for the worst crash. 

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/69344 - Please sign

To PlayStation... Semper Fidelis
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 112 (231 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

LarasAider wrote:

PatC_PSN wrote:

JoeNut wrote:

Yeap agree totally... Faffing with the consoles to include a Bus (games), Train (Social networks) and a car (movies); you know it's gonna end badly and going by my ludicrous thinking; you know which one would fare better.... The Train; as it's longer, uses up more space and be responsible for the worst crash. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 112 (219 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

I just want it to do whatever it says on the box, and whatever it says on the box not to be removed later on :smileyvery-happy:
0 Kudos
Message 47 of 112 (211 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I hope they offload all social aspects to google, just so they dont waste any time with them, make it optional, and concentrate on the console.

I know google would love that, They have an android app, get it done already.

I wouldnt use it, but might make the gaming aspect better.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 112 (207 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

LarasAider wrote:

Furys-embrace wrote:

I'd like the ps4 to have a 2016 release date. Dont care about the specs. If I was into all that techy guff id be a PC gamer (which im not).

Anyway I wont be buying it at launch whatever it is. Ive learnt my lesson there. Consoles at launch are ALWAYS over priced, rarely have any games worth playing as the developers are still getting to grips with the new format and first wave gen tech is always ropey. Even if Sony are true to their word and the ps3 does have a 10 year life cycle, I will still hold off buying a ps4 and wait for the inevitable slim version which will be more economical and have a much better and cheaper back catalog of stuff to play.

That's the reason why I don't buy Just launched products, cos chances are they'll be a faulty batch, overpriced like you said, weigh about 3 ton and have crap games. The slim however would be launched around 2019-2020, according to my fortune cookie; so are you sure you can wait that long? 

My fortune cookie read: 'When you reach maturity, your hobbie will tackle new dimensions'. :smileyindifferent:

Hmm actually I dont think I could wait another 8 years, I'll probably just buy the new console (depending on its price at the time and what games are out for it though) when my current ps3 dies, its less than 6 months old now though so im expecting at LEAST 4 years out of the sucka.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 112 (192 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

graphics/memory is a no brainer,but what i want is compatibility with my current games, this doesn't need to be disk compatibility,id be happy with my psn downloads to all be compatible..when the ps4 launches and none of my psn downloads work ill be pretty annoyed (spent loads)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 50 of 112 (187 Views)
0 Kudos