Level 4

Re: Why is English music so depressing/about sex.

[ Edited ]

Just sounded like you where being an idiot and making fun of me. Or attempting to mimic how I'm being. I don't like that sadly. If that was your intention.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 53 (251 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I think Gawge was trying to lighten the mood. But he's not very funny. Forgive him. :smileytongue:
Property of xLegioNx
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 53 (240 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Every country has it's fare share of pop music, the Netherlands for instance are a prime example, they showcase pop every year on the Eurovision and we're just the same with Jedward and 1Direction. I think what makes songs depressing is the people singing them e.g. like a person being drugged up or an alcoholic that's most likely gonna sing rubbish songs about suicide and death. A person who is light-hearted and funny would sing happy songs. If you's listen to depressing songs then it says more about you, than it does about the music itself. So if it's depressing you then listen to something else, there's plenty of good music out there to fuel your satisfaction. :smileyhappy:

"Why buy something that acts like a PlayStation... When you can buy a PlayStation"- my thoughts on the Xbox One revision.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 53 (230 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

This thread is weird, if you have to stay home to poo lots then you should know some of the best music in the world by now and it's British and it's not what the OP linked.

Of course it's only opinion but my opinion is always right, although I did see the 5678's once and they were one of the best live bands I've seen.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 53 (215 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Warren_Jeeves wrote:
This thread is weird, if you have to stay home to poo lots then you should know some of the best music in the world by now and it's British and it's not what the OP linked.

Of course it's only opinion but my opinion is always right, although I did see the 5678's once and they were one of the best live bands I've seen.

Okay 0.o. If you say so, If this thread is ''weird'' then what is an normal thread on GD? I kind of put it out there that I don't actually listen to British music. Or any English music. Hardstyle is the only exception in a few cases when they have some English lyrics to them.

I guess theads that seem Gingerism is normal? :smileyfrustrated:. Or Pokemon fan posting silly stuff? :smileyfrustrated: They're not weird? I'd love to know what kind of threads are actually normal on GD. I'm baffled in a nice way :]

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 53 (206 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Orla-Ireland wrote:

Sorry but Trolling does not make you ''cool'' it just shows how much of a kid you can be. Reported.

Nor does blasting your J-pop out of your car to appear different in your local community. Attention seeking much?

Fact is Orla, not everyone likes that kind of plastic pop. Some people are a lot more cynical towards it. I can appreciate you are probably sick to death of the radioheads and all those other doom and gloom merchants out there but they are talented song writers and dont need to fall back on a gimmick of forced optimism and painted on smiles to sell music. I guess they are the ying to the j-pop yang thats all.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 53 (202 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

There's nothing depressing about the Cheeky Girls.

Touch my bum this is life

It doesn't get any more profoundly uplifting than that. I rest my case.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 53 (193 Views)
0 Kudos

I hate the terms "J-pop" and "K-pop" just as much as I hate the term "cosplay".

"Music of Japanese origin". MOJO, there's an awards ceremony in there somewhere.
yaster's Streambadge
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 53 (186 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I think some people took your post as being "english music all sucks only j-pop is good"
I don't think that's what you meant, you prefer it and tried to explain why.

Sometimes it's not easy to explain why you prefer certain types of music.
I like a lot of loud angry stuff, I'm not an angry or depressed person I just like the energy and bass in a lot of metal music.

I am a happy person but I don't like cheesy pop (apart from a few exceptions) because most of it feels fake to me.

I can't comment on j-pop because I don't know anything about it, I did like that "woo hoo" song by the 5678s though.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 53 (186 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

fenian wrote:

THE_FORCE wrote:
I'd never even heard of JPop or Kpop until this thread !

Really?

They have some of the biggest pop bands in the world, probably bigger than take that/boyzone at their heights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAHD0aFt45A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGbwL8kSpEk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBSaX3jvyEc

generally they are a lot more positive about things, they can often sing about negative things, like being beaten up by their boyfriends, feeling lonely, feeling ugly but generally try to put a spin on it that they have to be strong in life.

I think it shows in their culture, how they grow up trying to laugh at life and be positive instead of cry. It doesnt make them any happier as a culture, but I guess they have more crazy fun along the way.

Nope never heard of the Jpop culture. Then again I only found out what 'shuffling' was a couple of weeks back...I think that's what it's called where kids in drainpipe jeans that hang halfway down their crack do the running man ? (similar to what we used to do as teenagers but in shellsuits) .

Regarding the depressing music in this country, I have to admit that I find myself turning the radio station over when Adele comes on (the radio). 

The main reason I never watch the news on the box is because 99.9% of it is depressing. I haven't read a newspaper in years for the same reason.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 53 (175 Views)
0 Kudos