Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: Worst jobs you have done?

Warren_Jeeves wrote:
I found being a Fudge packer quite boring and I don't even like Cabury Fudge bars.

I suppose it depends on your definition of fudge packer really :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 29 (235 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Paper round was the best job i'd ever had, I spoke to my customers people were nice to me. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 29 (219 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I used to hate being rotated into mess hall duty.

My worst job though was cleaning, I would get up at 5:30am head out to work, Wait to be picked up by a van and head to some shops and restaurants, I would have to clean all the public areas and toilets usually on my own, and because I couldnt speak the language very well others could skive off and I didnt know how to tell on them so would just have to do their work.

I would have to work quick, the shops would open and I had a lot to do, even getting in a van and travelling to other shops and cleaning them.

I would have a break when the shops opened, usually sat on my own.

Then I would go clean shared areas in apartment complexes and office windows, like the stairways in apartment blocks etc.

It was amazing though.

At the end of the day I would go home to this amazing 2 bed apartment, cook something for my gf who was beautiful, as she would get off for her lunch and come home, then Id go walk the dog in the sun.

Id say my quality of life was just as good there working on the very bottom rung job as it is here working in an office.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 29 (207 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Sorry, I got carried away, I'll remember to put spaces in next time.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 29 (195 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Factory work and telesales. The latter only lasting half an hour until I walked lol.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 29 (176 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

THE_FORCE wrote:
Factory work and telesales. The latter only lasting half an hour until I walked lol.

So not as a street dealer then?

TonightWeRide2.jpg

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/people_of_the_honey

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 29 (158 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

When I was a student I got a job handing out flyers, some of the jobs were rubbish but some were a laugh. Standing out on princes street all day in a hideous banzai (the tv show) t-shirt handing out leaflets that were scratch and sniff things was rubbish at the time but thinking about it now it was actually quite funny.

The leaflets things had a big picture of a bloke in his pants, guess what part it suggested you scratch? handing these out to old people on a sunny day was amusing. :smileyvery-happy:

only really bad job was my first job after uni, the people there were horrible and I went home crying in the evening :smileysad:

Where I am now is good though :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 29 (145 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I'm one of them sad ones's that can come and say '' I never had a job'' That's mainly because I was studying way to much so that I could do Computer Science, and Game development, I did the first year of both of them and got £40 a week from the Government for learning full time, then I got sick with colitis My sick line is going in a couple of weeks, and for like the 5 months sick line I got, I never tried for DLA, or any other free money scheme, simply because I hate people that sit on there asses when they can work. But anyway, when my sick line is up, I'm going to change my direction in what I want to do in life,

I want to work in the Hospital, and I've all ready did Health and Social care in collage with couple of Diploma's in this section. But I want to become a fully qualified nurse so I'm going for a part time then paying for a Uni course after I have the money. I could still get a top job in computing because I passed the first year of computer science and game development. And I know I could apply for the new Intel project in London but I'd rather help people the way I was helped, I'm busting for a first time job now, at the age of 19, coming 20 I feel so bad for never having a job, but at least I'm mature enough to not claim the likes of DLA when it will just make me sit around all day doing nothing, and making me not contribute to the economy.

O'm a dyslexic also, witch makes me even more entitled to free money because my brain can't decode mathematical numbers that great, The disablity gives me Aphasia, mild Developmental dyspraxia and yeah, I can't decode numbers and in turn any maths questions asked to me via speech causes me to get very confused and out of focus and I have to use my fingers etc, one of my most annoying problems is that I can't tell time from a Hand clock, no matter how many times I'm told how to.  Ido very slow calculations, and I struggle to use my head because I get confused, yet I managed to get a A in maths in GCSE so its crazy what you can do when you really push yourself. But the only time I'll ever claim for any free money is when I'm so old I can't move, or when the Goverment offers for full time study etc. I think Northern Ireland has one of the higgest rates of people trying to claim for money :s.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 29 (127 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I've been lucky to have fairly good jobs so far - only part time, while I'm studying.

Worst was probably a brief stint cleaning/servicing industrial safety valves. Dirty work, lots of engineering grime and dust. But people were nice though. However, had to be careful when working outside in Summer in Perth. XD 

I work at a fast food joint now, money ain't great (by aus statandards) but they are flexible for hours and the work is ok and not filthy and testing on my body. And importantly the majority of other people there are great, made some great friends there.

Its just a shame about the customers! XD

photo 2hgctuf.png

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 29 (109 Views)
0 Kudos