Lounge

General Discussion

General Discussion

13 Jun 2012
By: Logicintuwisdom Member 459 Posts
Level 2

Your darling bambinos - how do you discipline them?

[ Edited ]
112 Replies 314 Views edited 13-06-2012

When they are naughty, are you:-

a) A smacker?

b) Naughter stepper?

c) You use another form of discipline?

Whether a) b) or c), please state what parameters you have decided to set for yourself for the way you have chosen to discipline YOUR children? 

Also, do you feel your views are the same as what you hear in the media and our present day society or do they differ slightly or greatly as to what is the correct way to discipline our next generation?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 113 (314 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Your darling bambinos - how do you discipline them?

No one can answer this question, you can get banned for talking about violence towards minors.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 113 (296 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

fenian wrote:
No one can answer this question, you can get banned for talking about violence towards minors.
I wonder if the owner of that furniture shop in Croydon that was burnt to the ground during the last riots would agree with what you've just said.
If we as a society don't know the difference between abuse and discipline, then imo we really are lost as a species!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 113 (290 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Well, it doesn't matter if that guy agrees with fen or not, there's basically house rules for the forum. If you talk about certain stuff you get banned. Some of us have had too many bans already.
0 Kudos
Level 2

EdwCarnby wrote:
Well, it doesn't matter if that guy agrees with fen or not, there's basically house rules for the forum. If you talk about certain stuff you get banned. Some of us have had too many bans already.
Well, I hear your cautionary message loud and clear and feel I have asked the question in a responsible manner, especially after seeing the report on children in care in Thanet on Newsnight tonight.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 113 (277 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

You're heavily implying you support violent punishment even to kids? what like beatings and stuff?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 113 (258 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

[ Edited ]
fenian wrote:You're heavily implying you support violent punishment even to kids? what like beatings and stuff?Now we're getting down to the nitty gritty!
Perhaps you would like to define violence towards children.
I am already finding yout phrasing quite emotive!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 113 (249 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

no i wont, you implied it so you define it.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 113 (246 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

[ Edited ]
fenian wrote:
no i wont, you implied it so you define it.
See how defensive you have become over a subject we should be able to discuss calmly as adults.
Violence is plain and simply a fact of life.
Sometimes it is necessary to use violence to maintain order.
There is a huge difference between controlled violence e.g. a martial arts teacher and uncontrolled violence, say two drunks fighting in the street.
The former example will not escalate, the latter will probably certainly escalate with a likelihood of more people becoming involved and possibly hurt!
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 113 (238 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

I see, so we should use violence, to maintain order with a 6 year old. Have you considered moving to America?
0 Kudos