Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: Your darling bambinos - how do you discipline them?

PatC_PSN wrote:
Logicintuwisdom wrote:However, stupid people will breed, but then go on to have babies that are not stupid; regardless, it is all the more reason to assist those parents who may not have a lot of common sense.
Indeed, the role of government in this context is primarily to provide a clear framework within which people must operate, the resources and support that may be reasonably required for that to be understood and achieved, and the controls and sanctions necessary for those who cannot or will not comply. Anything beyond that becomes interference, and telling people that they can't smack their children at all is an example of that. 
Agreed, but what would help, would be if they would stop listening to American think-tanks. As far as I'm concerned that nation for want of a better word need to learn our language properly!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 113 (184 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Spotter5 wrote:
I water board mine.

But what kind of questions would you interrogate a child with?

"WHO ATE THE HOBNOBS! WHO ATE THE HOBNOBS! I WANT NAMES, DAMMIT!!"

"MY NIGHT NURSES DVD IS MISSING!!! :Argh: DO YOU KNOW WHERE IT IS! OR DO YOU WANT TO VISIT DAVEY JONES AND ASK HIM IF IT'S IN HIS LOCKER!!"

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 113 (182 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I find this works quite well...

I also wonder how the distribution of parent/non-parent compares to the distribution of pro/anti smacking.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 113 (180 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

EdwCarnby wrote:smileyfrustrated:potter5 wrote:I water board mine. But what kind of questions would you interrogate a child with? "WHO ATE THE HOBNOBS! WHO ATE THE HOBNOBS! I WANT NAMES, DAMMIT!!" "MY NIGHT NURSES DVD IS MISSING!!! :Argh: DO YOU KNOW WHERE IT IS! OR DO YOU WANT TO VISIT DAVEY JONES AND ASK HIM IF IT'S IN HIS LOCKER!!"
                                                         :Confused:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 113 (177 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Logicintuwisdom wrote:
EdwCarnby wrote:smileyfrustrated:potter5 wrote:I water board mine. But what kind of questions would you interrogate a child with? "WHO ATE THE HOBNOBS! WHO ATE THE HOBNOBS! I WANT NAMES, DAMMIT!!" "MY NIGHT NURSES DVD IS MISSING!!! :Argh: DO YOU KNOW WHERE IT IS! OR DO YOU WANT TO VISIT DAVEY JONES AND ASK HIM IF IT'S IN HIS LOCKER!!"
                                                         :Confused:

:Lol:

Не верь, не бойся, не проси

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 113 (175 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
InfiniteStates wrote:
I find this works quite well...   I also wonder how the distribution of parent/non-parent compares to the distribution of pro/anti smacking.
Your photo is unbelieveable, though I'm not sure I would have posted that in a public forum. Maybe you should have had one of those disclaimers - "no animals were hurt in the making of this film''.
In these hysterical and paranoid times regarding children I think you ran the risk of 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIaORknS1Dk
for posting a photo like that! I actually found myself laughing at it and then wondering and feeling slighly guilty whether I even should have been laughing at it!
Would you please elaborate on "I also wonder how the distribution of parent/non-parent compares to the distribution of pro/anti smacking."
Are you being cynical and saying something along the lines of parents need to have eyes in the back of their heads to keep up with the antics that kids get up to these days, never mind disciplining them?!!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 113 (167 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

I don't think any of us have any idea what you just said.
Не верь, не бойся, не проси

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 113 (161 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

I think what they mean, Logic, is they are curious as to how many parents support smacking as opposed to non parents. They are wondering if there is much hypocrisy in the college liberal camp.

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 113 (157 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

EdwCarnby wrote:
I think what they mean, Logic, is they are curious as to how many parents support smacking as opposed to non parents. They are wondering if there is much hypocrisy in the college liberal camp.
Well the point of my question was really aimed at peope with children rather than those who haven't got any. For me at least, I don't think the views of people who don't have children are as pertinent as those that do.
I have an aversion to political-correctnes versus common sense and that is why I wanted to do a sort of 'litmus test' on the differing views of parents trying to do what must be the most difficult job in life to do effectively.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 113 (146 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Logicintuwisdom wrote:
For me at least, I don't think the views of people who don't have children are as pertinent as those that do.

And I'd agree. Of course you don't need to have had children to have a valid opinion on the matter, but it is necessary to appreciate the gaps between parenting theory and reality.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 113 (139 Views)
0 Kudos