Level 4

Re: Your darling bambinos - how do you discipline them?

xElfenLied_US wrote:

Logicintuwisdom wrote:

I agree he's not doing anything wrong!

He's going to break the girls hearts when he grows up - he's also got taste - Lady Gaga is awesome and she most definitely would not have to ask me nicely!

But he's gay? Don't you have something to say about his sexuality?

Is he? He must be about 8, I doubt he has ever had a remotely sexual thought (gay or straight) in his life. He may grow up to be gay but he's nothing at the moment and attempting to label him can only be a bad thing.

Logicintuwisdom wrote:

I hope everybody reads it & especially someone in government, to give them some pointers as to what a good policy on the issue should be.

I think Dave used to lurk on here when he was leader of the opposition but he's a bit too busy now. Give it three years and Nick Clegg will have loads of time to read your posts.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 71 of 113 (251 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I'm sorry if you've already mentioned this but I must be quite blunt, I find your posting style completely and utterly insufferable so I'm sorry if you've mentioned this already but do you have any actually reason why you support spanking? The reason I ask is simply because although I have seen many studies suggesting a correlation between spanking and negative effects (such as these: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/07/us-spanking-idUSTRE8161R220120207 and http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1983895,00.html) I have seen few (I don't think I've seen any actually) studies that suggest spanking is beneficial. The only argument for spanking that I have ever seen rests in "I was spanked when I was younger and..." or "The older generation were spanked and...". In other words, I've only ever seen analogies to try to support the claim with little actual research supporting those analogies. I'm hoping you'll reply via the quick reply instead of typing in twenty different quote boxes when/if you do reply though :smileytongue:.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 72 of 113 (230 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Solid_Snake12345 wrote:
I'm sorry if you've already mentioned this but I must be quite blunt, I find your posting style completely and utterly insufferable so I'm sorry if you've mentioned this already but do you have any actually reason why you support spanking? The reason I ask is simply because although I have seen many studies suggesting a correlation between spanking and negative effects (such as these: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/07/us-spanking-idUSTRE8161R220120207 and http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1983895,00.html) I have seen few (I don't think I've seen any actually) studies that suggest spanking is beneficial. The only argument for spanking that I have ever seen rests in "I was spanked when I was younger and..." or "The older generation were spanked and...". In other words, I've only ever seen analogies to try to support the claim with little actual research supporting those analogies. I'm hoping you'll reply via the quick reply instead of typing in twenty different quote boxes when/if you do reply though :smileytongue:.

You'd be lucky :Lol:

Не верь, не бойся, не проси

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 73 of 113 (221 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Solid_Snake12345 wrote:
although I have seen many studies suggesting a correlation between spanking and negative effects (such as these: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/07/us-spanking-idUSTRE8161R220120207 and http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1983895,00.html) I have seen few (I don't think I've seen any actually) studies that suggest spanking is beneficial.

I haven't looked into it properly but the second of those articles essentially claims it causes bad behaviour while the first says the same and makes other claims.

This study says that those are fundamentally flawed and that there is no significant correlation between smacking and bad behaviour.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 74 of 113 (218 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

I get disciplined with a good ol' beasting which usually lots of PT combined with drill on double quick time or as fast as the Corporal can call the pace. 

Had two beastings so far. First was for people messing around which was a an hour of being thrashed in the gym. Second time was just because they were trying to get us angry for bayonet training and they gave us a proper beasting after going on the rifle ranges. Had us running up and down the ranges doing fire and manoeuvre exercises. Then on the march home was all faster than double quick time having to do all the drill moves and I never want to here the words "marking time......... MARK TIME" whilst on the double ever again. Then they had us doing partoling and ambush manoeuvres which basically was jumping into flooded irrigation ditches and getting low into cover then fire and manoeuvre away followed by double time drill. And everytime we thought we were getting closer to home we were about turned for more double drill/ditch diving. 

Then when we did get back we had a break but only as we had to clean our rifles. But as soon as that was done we were beasted around camp at the double or other wise given orders to get inside and change into whatever bit of kit they said. If you were to slow the whole platoon had to change to something else and so on. Then followed by block jobs, then more drill. Carried on like this until 10pm.

Everybody woke early as wer told we had inspection and our lockers were all over the show from the constant show parades. But the corporals sent us back to bed then 5 mins later a huge explosion followed by air rade sirens with the corporal coming in banging drums screaming at us. Followed by lots more beasting then finally onto bayonet training. 

Looking back it was actually all good. Partly because they failed in getting us ***** off. All they did was make us too tired to care :Lol:

Free userbars
Free userbars
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 75 of 113 (213 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

The above post is an excerpt from 'Kano: diary of a child soldier'

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 76 of 113 (208 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

off topic but my 9 year old told me today he will be getting sex ed classes next year. i think thats wrong, he's a tiny little kid and its up to me when he should know all about that. looks like im going to have to tell him everything about it before the school feeds him some half hearted atempt on the subject
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 77 of 113 (194 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Solid_Snake12345 wrote:- I'm sorry if you've already mentioned this but I must be quite blunt, I find your posting style completely & utterly insufferable so I'm sorry if you've mentioned this already but do you have any actually reason why you support spanking? Etc., Well it looks like yours & everyone else that's whinged about my so called 'posting style' prayers has been answered. (It's not a 'style' btw - it's just simply the quote button like many things with Sony's PS3's cheap & nasty Christmas Cracker like browser - doesn't BLOODY WORK properly used in conjunction with a CRT tv - even though Sony supplied the cables that are SUPPOSED to make it compatible - in other words like with most BLOODY modern tech. around today - older tech. works better!) This is the message I get now if I click on the quote button:- An Unexpected Error has occurred. Sorry, your request failed. A notification has been sent to the development team for investigation. Exception ID: 3256737B (cont.)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 78 of 113 (185 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

[ Edited ]

(Continued back to Solid_Snake12345.)

Please click back to browser."

Now I'm NOT getting this error message when I press the quote button! Ahhh! Annoying! Now I'm back to being able to partially quote again - what a pile of crap! 

Anyway, back to your post, apparently WJB1 has found another study that discredits the two you've provided links to - in other words, as the saying goes -"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.", but I'd rather use the much more ancient phrase "Spare the rod & spoil the child" which apparently according to the net goes all the way back to around 1377.

But before everyone starts screaming at me "so you want bash our kids with rods do ya"? No absolutely not! It's the rationale behind the expression that I agree with or a more modern phrase I suppose, would be ''give 'em an inch & they'll take a mile''.

The main reason I'd advocate smacking for parents to use as ONE OF THE TOOLS for disciplining their children can be sumed up in one word - TIME!

(cont.)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 79 of 113 (256 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

(Continued back to Solid_Snake12345)

Too many times I've seen it in public, where some little horror or worse horrorS are running around the restaurant/supermarket you're in; rubbing other people up the wrong way, because some weak-willed parent is pandering to or worse, oblivious to the bad behaviour of their child.

I said before, ONE OF THE TOOLS for disciplining your child - well the other main tool that should really go hand in hand with the 'smack' is obviously the 'WARNING OF THE SMACK'.

Only under very extreme conditions would I advocate parents smacking children without first warning them they were likely to receive a smack.

For example, if a bigger child had pushed his little brother over on purpose onto a supermarket floor, for no reason other than he's a bully & his little brother had banged his head on the hard floor causing him to cry - then I would say a parent was within their rights to administer a whallop without any notice at all, as the older boy would know full well why!

(cont later)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 80 of 113 (248 Views)
0 Kudos