Reply
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: wow who really cares

 


ProjectVRD wrote:

 

Judging from your sig I see you support vandalism of public places.


 

 

I think his sig is very artistic, and it's the sort of graffiti that can make a positive difference in public places.

 

Not all graffiti is equal. 

 

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 91 of 99 (169 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: wow who really cares

 


Richy-R10 wrote:

the world cup is for everyone to enjoy, for the people that moan about it they tend to be some sad weirdo who sits inside allday and thats a fact


 

 

It isn't a fact at all. Kindly stop talking cobblers.

 

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 92 of 99 (168 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 4
 
Playstation Staff

Re: wow who really cares

 


PatC_PSN wrote:

 


Richy-R10 wrote:

the world cup is for everyone to enjoy, for the people that moan about it they tend to be some sad weirdo who sits inside allday and thats a fact


 

 

It isn't a fact at all. Kindly stop talking cobblers.

 


 

Yea it is, Its the people that MOAN about it are the loosers, why not just get on with what ever they were doing its once in 4years  its not gonna effect them surely. Its just the weirdos with no social life it was like that at school the quiet ones on there own used to moan about stupid things like that

 

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 93 of 99 (165 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: wow who really cares

 


Richy-R10 wrote:

 


PatC_PSN wrote:

 


Richy-R10 wrote:

the world cup is for everyone to enjoy, for the people that moan about it they tend to be some sad weirdo who sits inside allday and thats a fact


 

 

It isn't a fact at all. Kindly stop talking cobblers.

 


 

Yea it is, Its the people that MOAN about it are the loosers, why not just get on with what ever they were doing its once in 4years  its not gonna effect them surely. Its just the weirdos with no social life it was like that at school the quiet ones on there own used to moan about stupid things like that

 


 

 

You maybe need to look up the difference between facts and opinions. Lazy stereotypes would perhaps be next on the list.

 

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 94 of 99 (157 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 1
 
Playstation Staff

Re: wow who really cares

[ Edited ]

andie2247 wrote:

does it really matter if we win the footy or not its not exactly going to change your life is it


 

No, not really, however I am English (well half English) and proud to support the country I live in and serve and will avidly follow any English team regardless of their sport when competing at such a high level and wish them all the best.

 

Don't worry about what is important to other people. Just enjoy your own life. 

 



Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 95 of 99 (150 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 5
 
Playstation Staff

Re: wow who really cares

 


PatC_PSN wrote:

 


ProjectVRD wrote:

 

Judging from your sig I see you support vandalism of public places.


 

 

I think his sig is very artistic, and it's the sort of graffiti that can make a positive difference in public places.

 

Not all graffiti is equal. 

 


 

I am just stereotyping him like he is stereotyping all football fans as loud druken yobs.

 

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 96 of 99 (136 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 7
 
Playstation Staff

Re: wow who really cares


rob-b1967 wrote:

 


 

 

You are stereotyping. You're saying that because you used to run pubs and you'd get fans in there who just make stupid noise and cause trouble, and therefore all "footie fools" are like that.



Hang on a minute - when did I ever say that ALL footie fans were like that ? Not once. Don't go putting words on my post to satisfy yourself Rob.
Neither did I stereotype ALL Millwall fans - however, it was a known in Brighton that whenever they came down they caused grief.  The Brighton fans used to retaliate so were just as much to blame. I've seen noses swinging and nice open gashes as great memories. Funny though, I never once witnessed anything like that from fans of any other sport - not even boxing.
And thanks for explaining to me what that primal mating call/ gorilla talk is all about. So shouting your head off down the street is an expression of 'atmosphere and patriotism' ? Cheers for clearing that up. I could understand if they were celebrating something maybe, but they do it if they win or lose !
Secondly Pat - cheers for the props on my sig mate. :smileyhappy: And ProjectVRD don't go making uneducated, lame assumptions like that. Being an ex-writer I don't condone vandalism on public property whatsoever. Neither do my mates. I learned my lesson after being nicked and fined heavily over 20 years ago ! I keep my artwork purely in the digital domain these days. :smileyhappy:
There are either designated walls or commisions that the proper old-skool writers utilise. As maturer artists, they do know a bit about respect..... Bombing/ tagging I disagree with. But back to the main topic eh ? :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 97 of 99 (132 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: wow who really cares


THE_FORCE wrote:

rob-b1967 wrote:

 


 

 

You are stereotyping. You're saying that because you used to run pubs and you'd get fans in there who just make stupid noise and cause trouble, and therefore all "footie fools" are like that.



Hang on a minute - when did I ever say that ALL footie fans were like that ? Not once. Don't go putting words on my post to satisfy yourself Rob.
Neither did I stereotype ALL Millwall fans - however, it was a known in Brighton that whenever they came down they caused grief.  The Brighton fans used to retaliate so were just as much to blame. I've seen noses swinging and nice open gashes as great memories. Funny though, I never once witnessed anything like that from fans of any other sport - not even boxing.
And thanks for explaining to me what that primal mating call/ gorilla talk is all about. So shouting your head off down the street is an expression of 'atmosphere and patriotism' ? Cheers for clearing that up. I could understand if they were celebrating something maybe, but they do it if they win or lose !

 

Alright, so you didn't say the world ALL. But you are complaining about the World Cup and football in general because it causes fans to make noise, and some fans like to start a fight. Well the ones that fight aren't real fans. They purely go to start a fight. Not to appreciate the game. Some people in this thread are complaining that the World Cup just causes all those things you said, when in fact it doesn't. It might escalate the problems slightly as people get caught up in the emotion, but the problems are there regardless.
I see fights like you describe every weekend in clubs or pubs, and it has nothing to do with any sport. The football just gives them an excuse to fight about. If louts want to cause trouble, they'll find a reason to. I've been in a lot of pubs up and down the country while going to games, and very rarely have I seen any trouble. For the most part, everyone enjoys a drink, has a chat and enjoys the game. During the World Cup its even better, because everybody is supporting the same team.
OK, some people do get a little loud, and I can see why some people find that annoying. But at the end of the day, most people are having a bit of fun and and a good time supporting their country in the World Cup. Are people really so miserable that they can't have a good time just because it's sometimes a little loud for a few hours?
The first post of this threads sums the argument up completely. It's not going to change your life, so who cares? Us football fans will enjoy our football, and those who don't want to enjoy it, get on with whatever you gotta do.
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 98 of 99 (121 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 1
 
Playstation Staff

Re: wow who really cares


rob-b1967 wrote:
Alright, so you didn't say the world ALL. But you are complaining about the World Cup and football in general because it causes fans to make noise, and some fans like to start a fight. Well the ones that fight aren't real fans. They purely go to start a fight. Not to appreciate the game. Some people in this thread are complaining that the World Cup just causes all those things you said, when in fact it doesn't. It might escalate the problems slightly as people get caught up in the emotion, but the problems are there regardless.
I see fights like you describe every weekend in clubs or pubs, and it has nothing to do with any sport. The football just gives them an excuse to fight about. If louts want to cause trouble, they'll find a reason to. I've been in a lot of pubs up and down the country while going to games, and very rarely have I seen any trouble. For the most part, everyone enjoys a drink, has a chat and enjoys the game. During the World Cup its even better, because everybody is supporting the same team.
OK, some people do get a little loud, and I can see why some people find that annoying. But at the end of the day, most people are having a bit of fun and and a good time supporting their country in the World Cup. Are people really so miserable that they can't have a good time just because it's sometimes a little loud for a few hours?
The first post of this threads sums the argument up completely. It's not going to change your life, so who cares? Us football fans will enjoy our football, and those who don't want to enjoy it, get on with whatever you gotta do.

Well said.



Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 99 of 99 (107 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos