*First I would like to say that PSS is an awesome idea. Since I love Sony and all my Sony products I have always wanted to make a game for their system. (Ps2, Ps3, Psp, PS Vita) Had my system since launch and I tried to get into programming and 3d modelling for a video game that I could release. Now I am trying to learn C# and a whole ton of other stuff. Trying to gather up 99 dollars to pay for it after the beta release because I know that it will take me a while. If anyone can point to any helpful references it would be greatly appreciated. *
I have found the demos in my directory but I am unaware on how to play it on the vita. I don't even know how to open it in the simulator? It would really help me so I can break them down and try and make my own thx!
Solved! Go to solution
Never mind. I figured it out.
1. First connect your PS Vita system to your computer.
2. Go into your demos, if you have windows 7 follow this path
4. Find the C# file and choose the PS Suite sdk to open it.
5. Next select your vita and click "Run" (on the top bar)
6. Last click on start without debugging and wait for it to come up on the PSS Aplication for your vita.
7. When it comes up, select it and you should see a black screen. Wait a little and it should load.
If your having any trouble feel free to contact me.
When you say "PS Suite sdk" are you reffering to the PssStudio? Am I missing a program entirely? I'm still trying to figure out all the files that downloaded. Also the C# file is it the .csproj or the .cfg or the .html? Or is it the .cs file named after the title of the demo?
um can you make steps 4-6 more clear i dont understand.
ok im on samples>demos but how do i play it on my vita
Check out this guide, it covers running on your VIta in quite a bit of detail. It assumes you've got Studio running and know how to load your demo project.
To deploy your applications on a PS Vita, you should:
1. Visit http://www.playstation.com/pss/developer/openbeta/
2. Under section 2, click on the "Download" button
3. Follow the instructions on the PS Store to download the application
4. Once the PS Vita Development Assistant has been installed on the device, connect the PS Vita to your computer via USB cable
5. The USB drivers for the PS Vita should have been installed during the installation of the SDK, however you may be prompted to install them if they are missing*
6. Load up PlayStation Suite Studio (PssStudio) from the Start Menu
7. Load up a solution in PSS Studio (e.g. one of the samples)
8. Ensure that your PS Vita is connected to a network (Wifi or carrier)
9. Open the PS Vita Development Assistant application on the PS Vita
10. In the PSS Studio, select Run > Run With > PS Vita (xxx)
11. The application should run on the device.
I hope this clears it up.
Thanks for all the help, but now I'm having an issue with 9-11 since when my Vita is running the dev assistant it disconnects from my pc.
Also which file type are the demos actually.
Are you Sure you installed it correctly on your Vita? Try to reinstall it. Open the app and leave it open then go into the PSSstudio and click the down arrow on the device selection menue. You should be given the option to use the simulator or your Vita. You can then go to run and start it without debugging. You may also go to run>run with>Ps Vita.
The demo projects are labeled "demo".
For Example: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Pss\sample\demo