18 Aug 2012
Playstation Staff

Installing Vita Drivers in Windows 8 RTM x64

12 Replies 3,198 Views Created 18-08-2012

Hi folks,

If you've tried to install PSM Studio in Windows 8 RTM x64 you've probably found by now that the drivers for the Vita fail to install because they are not code-signed. Windows 8 requires all drivers to be code-signed and it is a PITA to disable that requirement. Because of this, I have signed the required drivers for my personal use and I'm making them available until either a fix is available or I'm asked to take the link down (I have no idea if it's okay to do this or not).

They are available here:

Signed Vita Drivers: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=27C22899419E6236!1355

Download the zip file, right-click and go to Properties, and click Unblock.

Extract the files from the zip, right-click on the .inf file, and click Install.

You may be prompted to confirm the installation.

Regards,

Gary Johnson

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13 (3,198 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: Installing Vita Drivers in Windows 8 RTM x64

[ Edited ]

P.S. - I don't know if these will have any adverse effect down the road, specifically regarding uninstallation or future updates. Proceed at your own peril!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13 (3,191 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Hi Shotgun_Banana,

Windows 8 is currently not supported with Playstation Mobile. This is more than likely to change in the future. In the meantime however, just wanted to notify that it is upto the users to download and install these drivers at their own risk. We won't be able to provide support on any issues caused by this. This is to add to your fair warning :smileyhappy:.

PlayStation®Mobile Dev Team
I am like you, I have no name.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13 (3,151 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

It won't install i have x64 RTM Windows 8 and it still refuses to install correctly. I tried right clicking it after extracting to my documents along with the security file and selecting install, but it replies with an error message stating "The INF file you have selected does not support this method of installation" so I went to device manager and tried to install it to " Ps Vita Type D" this time it makes the error Chime but wont show any  message and won't allow me to Confirm my selection or even hit "Open". Help?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13 (3,132 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Hi:

As mshkla post before Win 8 RT it's not supported by PSM so far. Anyways you can try to see another USB inf file to figure out why is wrong.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13 (3,130 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

That's odd, I'm using it currently, but maybe I didn't package it correctly or there's some environment issue I'm missing. I'll give it a shot on a clean machine later today and let you know what I find.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13 (3,128 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Side note, do you know what edition of Windows 8 you're on? (regular, Pro, Enterprise)?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13 (3,125 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Hi:

Sorry if you asking me I'm using win 7 home premium.

Cheers,

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13 (3,123 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Sorry for the confusion, that was for xXRaizeXx_EPV

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13 (3,120 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Hi xXRaizeXx_EPV,

I tried this again on a clean VM and was able to install it. Ensure the following:

1) you're logged in as a user with admin rights

2) you're using Windows 8 x64 and not x86 (won't install on 32-bit for sure)

3) you've installed .NET 3.0 support using the Add/Remove Windows Features dialog

4) you've installed PSMStudio and it succeeded (not counting the driver install)

If you continue to run into issues, let me know and I can work with you to troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Gary

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13 (3,102 Views)
0 Kudos