19 Apr 2012

Playstation Staff

Is the PS suite SDK has a MacOS official version?

19 Replies 1,308 Views Created 19-04-2012

Is the PS suite SDK has a MacOS official version?

Who can tell me related information ?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20 (1,308 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Is the PS suite SDK has a MacOS official version?

I wonder it too.
But, as you know it using c#, so………
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20 (1,297 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

It has no OSX version but C# won't bind it to Windows. The IDE it is based on is also available on OSX along the runtimes etc. I guess they just focused on one plattform so far. Still I would love them to make a OSX version :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20 (1,288 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Yes, I agree as well.  Would be nice to not have to work through VMware Fusion.  :smileyfrustrated:.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20 (1,270 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Wow, I just came into this expecting C, C++ with something like Open GL. I'm highly dissapointed to learn this is based off of C# AND there isn't a Mac OSX based SDK or some sort of IDE for Mac OSX. What gives? C# is a horrid language. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20 (1,230 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Same here :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20 (1,226 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

C# isn't a horrible language, anyway the Mac OSX is a must if they want that the indie iOS developers give it a try, i 'm a mac user but i will try it anyway.

If you expected C++ it means that you doesn't read anything about the PSSuite SDK when it was announced. It uses C# cause they can't give you the "control" you have with C++ over the device, using a C# VM (i assume is mono) they can put some limitations on what you are running in the ps vita and prevents that you create some hack for running pirated games for example.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20 (1,224 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I came into this expecting C, C++ with something like Open GL. And i am delighted to learn this is based of C#. C# is a great language.

I love how i can use C# to create Games with Unity3D and XNA, Apps with Mono Touch, Mono Android and now for the Vita. And the Monogame guys are already at work to bring XNA to Vita.

Not having to manually manage memory, being able to make more with less code - that's what i want. And oh yes, i did C++ for a few years. I don't want to use it anymore.

I don't want to start a flamewar, just state that oppinions differ.

On the other hand: Yes, why is there no support for OSX? Hope it's coming.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20 (1,182 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Hi all,

We are aware that many users would like to use the tools on other platforms such as Linux and Mac OSX, however we have no plan for this at the moment, but we will keep you posted if we do in the future :smileyhappy:

Thanks
James
PlayStation®Mobile Dev Team
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20 (1,096 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hello, James

I sincerely hope that you guys realize that your major competitor is iOS, which is fully OS X based for development, therefore it would be in your best interest to support OS X so you can attract as much iOS devs as possible.

Not to mention that your whole stack is already based on cross-platform Mono stuff, so there is no way it would be that hard to port.

Thank you

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20 (984 Views)
0 Kudos