28 Apr 2012
By Memoka

Playstation Staff

Using Database Client API

[ Edited ]
3 Replies 260 Views edited 28-04-2012

I've a short Question: Is it possible to use the Firebird .NetProvider with the PSS? I've tried it, but i get the error-message "System.ComponentModel.Component is not included". I've included it. (I've used System.Data.dll from Visual Studio)

Is it possible to use any DB Client API with PSS (Vita)... (preferred firebird).

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (260 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: Using Database Client API

I'm having the exact same error:
(7,7): Error CS0012: The type 'System.ComponentModel.Component' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'. (CS0012)
If any one has a clue, please Advise!!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (197 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I have not yet investigated any database access possibilities yet, but I don't think it will work the way you are trying to do it right now.

That is, you say you used the System.Data.dll from Visual Studio.

In that case you are probably using a Microsoft (Windows) .NET assembly instead of a Mono .NET assembly and that won't work since PS development is based on Mono.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (175 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Hi all,

Unfortunately some of the system libraries that other libraries use are not available with the PSS SDK, and the System.ComponentModel. Component is one of these.

We have seen some requests for database support in the past, but it would be good to get this onto the suggestions board, so that it'll have greater visibility and other developers can vote on it.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Suggestions/idb-p/iPSS_Suggestions

Thanks
James
PlayStation®Mobile Dev Team
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (156 Views)
0 Kudos