06 Jul 2012
Playstation Staff

Visual Studio 2012 and PSM SDK conflict?

6 Replies 1,406 Views Created 06-07-2012

Hey guys,

Just wondering if any of you guys have the VS2012 RC and PSM SDK installed and working on the same machine?

I've been using PSM SDK for quite a while now without problems and decided to try out the VS2012 RC a few days ago so left it installing overnight and the next morning I was unable to build any of my PSM games. I'm getting an error from msbuild so I'm thinking maybe it's using msbuild from VS somehow rather than the one within the PSM SDK / MonoDevelop? Can't think why this'd happen but just wonder if anyone has any ideas how to fix this?

Error MSB4185: The function "CurrentUICulture" on type "System.Globalization.CultureInfo" has not been enabled for execution. (MSB4185) (Positron)

Thanks,

Martin

Martin Caine
Founder and Lead Programmer of Retroburn Game Studios

Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (1,406 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: Visual Studio 2012 and PSM SDK conflict?

Hi:

I read it's for windows 8, but give me this weekend to try it. And then I will let you know if someone not post the solution.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (1,404 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Hi:

When reading windows page  to download it I found they use framework 4.5, could be this error related to other thread? I don't remember this right now but read about problems in something similar.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (1,402 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

here says about win8 :http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Vsexpressvc/thread/261fccc4-dcf4-47ed-a733-9dfc43301b7... could be they change something on framework4.5 that crash the psm.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (1,401 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

It's not crashing though. MSbuild is just complaining about some setting which I can't even change with the PSM SDK. It's as if it's using the updated msbuild (to compile the code) and I'm not sure if there's a way to make it run as it was previously.

Not too bothered at the moment as I can still use my MBP on which I haven't installed VS2012 yet but it does hav VS2010 on it and that's not caused any problems.

Martin Caine

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (1,400 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

There is a work around

You either set the environment variable, or remove .NET 4.5 that vs2k12 installs.

That said, you can get PssStudio working on WIndows 8, but not the Vita or simulator, for those that are interested.  But for just getting VS2K12, yeah, that is fixable.

Message 6 of 7 (1,372 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Thanks :smileyhappy: This is on my dev box which is an iMac running Windows 7 Pro but I'm guessing it's the same fix anyway.

Martin Caine

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (1,368 Views)
0 Kudos