General

19 Apr 2012
By: XxADoNis183xX

2 Posts
Accepted Solution

im new to this

[ Edited ]
10 Replies 980 Views edited 19-04-2012

ok everyone im new to this and im only 16. i have a ps vita and i want to create a a 2D easy and simple game. i have downloaded and install PS suite SDK but i dont know how to start, can someone help me??

on how to start?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (980 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: im new to this

[ Edited ]

You will need to learn some C# first and read a bit about "how games work". For now there's no easy "game maker" app for PSS and specifically PS Vita...

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (940 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

the only i achive is the triangle sample on my vita for learning few hours tutorial from pss manual on the net still haven't got how to change colour and make it funtional with the controler and the UI  apps

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (889 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Some people are new to programing, including myself.

I'm more of the visual designer type for game design.

If you are serious then I would recommend to do some of the examples included with the SDK.

From there you should get an understanding on how the program itself and programing works.

Its never too early or too late to learn something.

Search the internet for C# (C sharp) tutorials or study material.

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (792 Views)
0 Kudos

Me too. I'm in college and want to learn c# language. Now I took a class awhile back that taught me stuff needed to make games(game document,  some c+ with Lua). They didn't teach me c# programming language so I want to learn. Do you have some good websites or books that I can buy to help me learn c#?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (764 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

IMO one of the best books for learning the basics of the C# language is Rob Miles' C# Yellow Book, which you can download free at http://www.csharpcourse.com/ 

Daniel 'The Bard sRc' Cheney -Twitter | Personal Blog | DevBlog
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (733 Views)
Level 1

thanks for the referance 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (609 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Udacity.com is the best place you can start if you are trying to learn how to program. While it doesnt start by teaching you C#, they have you building fun and cool projects from the start while walking you through it step by step visually on paper. Plus Python does have an extension that can be theoretically compatible with PSS called IronPython.

Also I started creating a Wiki for PlaystationSuite that I will design along with a Wikiboook based on Game Development. My ultimate goal is to provide new programmers a more thorough understanding of how to create our own games with playstation suite.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (554 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

The Wiki is located at playstationsuite.wikia.com . Right now there isnt much on there except a brief technology overview and some FAQs answered. But more will come throughout the day.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (551 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Good Job with the wiki so far. :smileyhappy:

~Azal
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (508 Views)
0 Kudos