26 Mar 2010
Playstation Staff

GoW3, did it meet your expectations? *spoilers*

30 Replies 1,838 Views Created 26-03-2010

In my humble opinion, I wish Cory Barlog stayed on board for GoW3...this game had a mountain of potential to seriously shock it's own genre and be the best game ever.

-First Gods you take out are Poseidon and Hades!? I mean they're like brothers to Zeus and they should be top priority right before Zeus.

-3 weapons with/involving chains? I fell in love with the Cestus's but GoW2 nailed it with a bad ass sword, huge hammer doing colossal damage (which also added to your Rage meter), a staff to fend off multiple enemies and of course the original chains. A VARIETY is always better.

-Combos needed a complete re-work, they needed to be so much more Epic and crazy. I love the new heavy combo, but not much difference in the chains besides a couple new moves.

-The story felt like it was pulling from different directions and wasn't emphasised during the game of it's importance, it should have been kept simple but significant. Your goals were just mentioned once or twice and then gameplay. It needed rock hard foundation e.g. In GoW2 when you finally reach the Sisters of Fate, it was EPIC and f*** me what a boss fight! easily better than any boss fight in GoW3. How about when you're murdered by Zeus in the begining and then saved by Gaia, it was all new to us and it was a solid reason why you lost all your powers and had to start again from zero. In GoW3 it happened too fast and with a cheap reason, the souls from the river styx stole your powers?

-No Linda Hunt voicing Gaia? = Fail. No Atlas? = Fail. No more bonus play? = Fail. Boots of hermes? = FAIL. No heavy interactions between Titan vs God fights? = Fail.

Don't get me wrong I'm a die hard fan, I was going nuts to play this and bought a ps3 soley for this game but I feel like GoW2 set the bar and GoW3 didn't put out enough to topple it. Perhaps it was hard with double the team developing it, and an art director thrown in the deep end to game director but who knows. Just wish that bloody Barlog could have hung around for just one more!! Thoughts?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 31 (1,838 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: GoW3, did it meet your expectations? *spoilers*

I have 2 agree. GOW3 was a huge let down 4 me. I mean it definately had some great moments (my favourite was the fight with hurcules) but the story was lame and didnt interest or entertain u at all. I also found the whole labrynth thing very bland and uninspiring. That said it was a great game i enjoyed playing but just not a brilliant game. Its was a huge shame. GOW2 was just so much well thought out and entertaining.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 31 (1,880 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Same, i felt fighting hercules was the only great, creative and innovative idea I loved it.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 31 (1,868 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I disagree, imo GOW 2 is the weakest in the series.

I still think the first game is easily the best.

The ending to GOW is kinda anti climatic

but this overall GOW 3 is a big improvement from GOW2

Hercules is not even a Greek demigod.

while it was cool to see him in this game.

I find it interesting how he is CONSTANTLY

partnered as the son of Zeus (Greek god)

when Heracles is actually the son of Zeus

and Hercules is the son of Jupiter (Roman God).

Anyways all this aside GOW 3 definetly met my expectations

the violence is pretty intense and imo this game is a strong canidate

for an R18 rating...to be perfectly honest if we get an R18 rating

it should probably be reclassified.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 31 (1,855 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

tjohn, we have a R18 rating here, and the game still only got R16... go figure.. :Lol:

Put it down to being mythological and not 'real' I guess..

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 31 (1,833 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

tjohn323 wrote:

I disagree, imo GOW 2 is the weakest in the series.

I still think the first game is easily the best.

The ending to GOW is kinda anti climatic

but this overall GOW 3 is a big improvement from GOW2

:Thumbs:

m0usshak3 wrote:

In my humble opinion, I wish Cory Barlog stayed on board for GoW3..

-No Linda Hunt voicing Gaia? = Fail. No Atlas? = Fail. No more bonus play? = Fail. Boots of hermes? = FAIL. No heavy interactions between Titan vs God fights? = Fail.

Fail

1. Cory Barlog walked out on Santa monica,  Stig Asmussen FTW
  2. Linda Hunt does voice Gaia:Stupid:
  3. Atlas is still holding the world up:xRolleyes:
  4. and  as for the rest of your ranting, have a :xCry:
Please use plain text.
1 Kudos
Message 6 of 31 (1,828 Views)
1 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

out of the 3 i played...i think no.2 is my fav....i dont know ...no.3 just didnt feel right for some reason..

with no.2 i couldnt stop playing it...while with part 3...i was like ehh ill save it here and play another time...lol

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 31 (1,825 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

@ Kiwi omg really :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:...well I still think this game should be reclassified

if Australia finally gets an r18 rating :smileyvery-happy:.

@ m0usshak

I just saw the little tidbit on "God vd Titans"...

Um hello what do you think a Titan is ...whilist GOW did

stray the lines of mythology it got that bit right.

So for anyone thats abit slow...the titans were Ancient Gods

from the golden era of greek mythology.

Uranus (God of the sky who I dont think featured in god of war)

and Gai are Zeus's parents..and what is a little messed up is

Uranus is also Gais son :smileytongue:.

And in Greeko Roman mythology Tellus (who is like Gai) was the daughter of Chaos

who came even before the first titans.

And if I may say the titan battles in GOW 3 were epic

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 31 (1,816 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Well... according to the bible of all things interwebz (wikipedia, because it is the easiest way to find useless bits of info fast :smileytongue: ) the family tree goes

Zeus' parents were Chronos and Rhea. His siblings were Hadas, Poseidon, Hera, Hestia, Demeter.

Zeus' wife also happened to be Hera :Lol: , but he also had a whole heap of other mistresses.

Chronos' parents were Gaia and Uranus... which is the whole 'earth' and 'sky' thing. They 'created' The Twelve Titans.

As for the whole Hercules/Heracles thing, because the names and characters are so similar they've rightly or wrongly become almost interchangeable... Pop culture has been responsible a lot for that... God of War isn't the first modern interpretation of Greek mythology to make that mistake.

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 31 (1,810 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

i loved it, the first two never really captured me but this one, i just couldnt stop until i finished it :smileyhappy:
Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 31 (1,800 Views)
0 Kudos