on 28-03-2010 11:51 AM
on 28-03-2010 06:32 PM
Hmm, yeah... it's funny comparing the games, their design and stories... A lot of people have always felt that the first is better than the second, aside from the technical and gameplay improvements and tweaks in the sequel....
I mean 90% of the sequel is Kratos trying to go back in time to prevent dying (dying and going to Pits of Hades seems to be second nature for Kratos) to then fail killing Zeus... So I tend to agree with that. I just don't like that even on the easiest setting of the first game there are parts of the game that make you want to throw your controller.
I suppose being on the fourth released GOW game now, I was that watered down by Kratos being ***** and wanting revenge at all costs that I wasn't expecting much more than Kratos killing gods and Mt Olympus being a large part of the setting... The fact that for the first time he is actually off killing multiple gods (instead of just Ares), leading to inevitable showdown with Zeus, I couldn't see there being any happy day cheery Return of the Jedi ending.. Knocking off all these significant figures in greek mythology has to have it's consequences.. And revenge is never the most holy of motivations.
One thing I didn't mention in my 'recap' was I did think that bit before the end was too long.. neat idea, but it could have been half the length of time at the most.
on 29-03-2010 03:48 AM
on 29-03-2010 07:02 AM
I both liked and was dissapointed by GOW3.
- the boss fights. The titan battles were intense and amazing visually. The other boss fights were great too. Highlights Poseidon, Hercules and Cronos
- the scale/epicness. All the way through the game it had the huge GOW feel.
- most of the story.
- classic GOW combat
- the new additions to the combat eg using the cyclops to kill other enemies, long range grapple
- the cestus
- the visuals
- the sound. From the score to the sound effects
- parts of the story. Mainly the ending with Athena, it felt like a big ***** moment with Athena
- lack of titan fights. I expected a few more
- lack of more varied QTE to kill regular enemies. Kratos can kill the regular grunts in many ways but can't kill the others in many.
- some of the voice acting
- 3 chained weapons some thing else could have been used
- lack of platforming and puzzles compared to GOW1 & 2
Overall though GOW3 is a great game and I would heavily recommend it to anyone. One of my favourite games of this generation. I guess I was expecting a little bit more than what we got. It'll be interesting to see what the Santa Monica studio do next, hopefully a new IP.
on 09-06-2010 03:36 PM
on 10-06-2010 02:18 AM
Register for your place in our next competition.
Register for Music Unlimited NOW!
Congratulations to Keybladehunter94 for taking out our inaugural Forum All Stars Competition.
These new guides are now available on You Tube.
Learn how to get through an Apocalypse with this upcoming title that is sure to test your survival instinct.
Looking for your local PlayStation Community?
Website ©2013 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. [more info]