10 Jun 2013
Playstation Staff

Ascension Update - Now Available!

7 Replies 2,100 Views Created 10-06-2013

For those players affected by the Hunter Update, your Shards make-good will be coming to you via voucher code by the end of the week. Thank you for your patience.

Champions, today we are officially updating Multiplayer with our new “prestige” feature, appropriately titled “Ascension". This is a way for players to ascend to the highest pantheons of Olympus, and arise to the Godliest of Champions.

A game changer for God of War: Ascension Multiplayer has arrived. You can download this free update right now - simply boot up the game to be prompted to download the update. It also includes additional fixes. 

The Ascension feature will allow you to reset your allegiance progression when you hit Level 40, and grant you special Ascension Tokens that may be redeemed for  Godly armors and weapons. These unique, “Godly” armors and weapons are the most valuable and powerful items in the game. You might as well call yourself Kratos. That’s just scratching the surface.  Let’s dig deeper into the nuts and bolts of the Ascension feature.

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I HIT LEVEL 40 WITH MY GOD ALLEGIANCE?

You will be granted 4 tokens and be classified a “Hero". The 2nd time you hit Level 40, you’ll be granted 4 tokens again and be classified a “Demi-God”! Once you reach Demi-God, you will continue to Ascend, but you’ll keep the same title and gain additional tokens. 

You can purchase your Allegiance Godly armors & weapons using the tokens in any order you want:

• 1 Token for Godly armor (per piece)
  • 2 Tokens for Godly weapons (per weapon)

The Godly armors & weapons have a boost in stats from their respective base level counterparts. Example – if the standard Blade of Zeus has 10% Magic Damage at max Level 3, the Godly Blade of Zeus will have 11% or more.

• The Godly weapons & armors are *all* better than their counterparts. There are no trade-offs (i.e. more health, but less physical damage). You are just that much more bad-ass and rightfully so.

• Godly armors and weapons have a flashy silver and gold FX on the battlefield to ensure your opponents know you have Ascended.

• Your Warrior will be reset to Level 1, but common weapons and armors will remain yours to equip or combine with your new Godly items.

• Finally, players will see your new Allegiance Icon in battle and at the end match scoreboards. Check these out.

HOW MANY GODLY ARMORS AND WEAPONS DOES EACH ALLEGIANCE HAVE?

• 3 Godly armor sets (9 pieces total) = 9 tokens to unlock all
  • 6 Godly weapons (2 hammers, 2 spears, 2 swords) =  12 tokens to unlock all

If you want to complete “Ascension” for a God, you would need to Ascend six times! Yes, that means you need to go from Level 1 to Level 40 six times to unlock 100% of your Allegiance Godly weapons and armors.

Taking that a crazier step further, if you were to attempt the impossible and Ascend all 4 Allegiances 100%, you would need to hit Ascension 24 times. We predict someone will resurrect Pandora’s Temple before that happens, but we’ll say this loud and clear – we know someone will do it. The question is who, and when…

So, “game changer"? We think so and we hope you feel the same. While FPS vets alike understand “prestige”, our unique spin on this for God of War: Ascension Multiplayer will undoubtedly give you and your Warrior an epic journey worth battling for. We have a helluva lineup of upcoming DLC planned this month and next to keep you driving toward “Ascension".

Finally, because no God of War: Ascension community update is complete without a cliffhanger  (not J.J. Abrams style where you wait a year though), we will be showcasing something very special (and quite unique) for God of War: Ascension Multiplayer at E3, exclusively on the Twitch LiveStream. It is a new mode, something we've been working on intensely. If you want a hint as to what it is, trace back to the roots of how Ascension Multiplayer was originally created.

We don’t forget our roots. 

Check out the full Changelist for 1.08 below and a helpful image to better explain our new Ascension Feature. 

Follow us @SonySantaMonica and www.godofwar.com for this and much more. You can download the free Ascension Update right now, just boot up the game. 

Ascension 1.08 Update Changelist

OVERALL FEATURE ENHANCEMENTS

Ascension Feature - The Ascension feature will allow you to reset your allegiance progression when you hit Level 40, and grant you special Ascension Tokens that may be redeemed for Godly armors and weapons. These unique, “Godly” armors and weapons are the most valuable and powerful items in the game with different stats and gold/silver versions. See article above for more on Ascension.

Player Inspect Card – View your opponents or teammates loadouts and attributes in-game, and compare to yours. To use, press START in game to open the scoreboard. Press up and down on the D-Pad to navigate the list. Hold Right on the D-Pad to inspect a player and compare to yours. You can also use this feature to verify once you mute people in the lobby, they are still muted in game, and vice versa.

XP Multiplier notification – you will now be notified in-game when in a Double XP mode and/or any XP multiplier currently being used for your Champion.

KEY BUGS ADDRESSED

• Allegiance Exploit (i.e. “God glitch”) Fixed – you can no longer combine weapons or armors of different allegiances with each other

• Fixed bug where Ares Relic of Determination was too OP in Trial of the Gods mode (Stacks 2 times now)

• Fixed Relic of Haste bug

• Made jump spear throws blockable

• Chimeran Armor changed to give elemental instead of physical power boost
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (2,100 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Ascension Update - Now Available!

Hi, look i got one of my warrior at lvl 40 and i got any token... Hoy i can get them?? :smileyfrustrated:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (2,086 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

You first have to reset him by pressing square on the choosing-your-allegiance-menu while being on the char, but not selecting him that's on lvl 40

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (2,035 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

only 4 token come it is too little for all this armors and weapons how we get more tokens?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (1,997 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re : Ascension Update - Now Available!

I think that the prestiges was not the priority, maps is more important, the community is not very big any more and not while adding almost infinite prestige people are going to return. New MAPS and fast sir dévellopeurs! Of ailleur I do not see the interet to cross  more of 5 times at the level 40 for every gods, it is long and boring.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (1,994 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

If your stats were reset by 1.06, we'll be sending out codes for the Shards and Ascension via email by the end of this week.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (1,931 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

you are right, takes to long to get level 40, it could have some fun in the first time, i already got my godly Poseidon to level 23, but after i get the level 40 again, i'm pretty sure i wont back to level 1... 
The new maps could be fun, less time do find players would be great, more pvp chalenges too... thats what the most players want, i think....

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (1,902 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Rif.: Ascension Update - Now Available!

i'm waiting for a month your promises

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (1,530 Views)
0 Kudos