Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

God of War: Ascension

[ Edited ]
125 Replies 6,744 Views edited 04-10-2012

226117-Gow.jpg

Thanks to a Kotaku update on Facebook, I've just seen the trailer for the new God of War game, titled God of War: Ascension.

Although no gameplay has been revealed, a very stylish animation was shown in the trailer, with everything suggesting that this new God of War game, will in fact be a prequel.

I know, we've had Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus on PSP, but this looks as though it'll be set in a time when Kratos had little to no inner demons and was just intent on destroying everything around him (killing Gods became his purpose but with all of the gods alive, set before the events of God of War 1-3, maybe we'll learn more about who he truly is/was as a mortal man).

It's been confirmed that God of War: Ascension will be a hugely ambitious title for PS3. Even more so than God of War 3, which is interesting to me as GoW3 was absolutely groundbreaking.

I personally can't wait for this, as God of War is my most favourite gaming series of all time (tied with Devil May Cry).

I'll be looking forward to seeing some gameplay and other new info as it's revealed (no doubt from E3 onwards), but in the mean time, follow this link to see the video:

Enjoy!

For more info on God of War: Ascension click here!

Monsters of Ascension: The Furies – Megaera (concept art, interview and more!)

http://blog.godofwar.com/monsters-of-ascension-the-furies-megaera/

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

Wretched_Hawk

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wretched_Hawk
Accepted Solution

Enjoy expanding the image :D

I had to reduce it by 75%, still massive :D

I know its been seen else where but this is much better quality.

0 Kudos

Re: New Gameplay (Multiplayer) - Looks brutal!

[ Edited ]
Flying High!
Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution
All this MP effects SP is tiring now. It means nothing and I'm sure the guys at SSM will put 110% into both game modes.

I think the MP looks awesome and mega fun to play with friends.

Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

OniEyes wrote:

I predict that Acension will be the biggest flop in the series for 2 main reasons:

1) Un-needed milking. already been and done prequal that with the PSP games, many people will feel that there just isnt enough new content to justify it and buy somthing else instead.

2) Unwanted Multiplayer. Lets be honest, Sony told santa monica to add MP to attract more sales from the CoD crowd. of course the CoD crowd dont give a rats ass about GoW, and instead Sony's greed will backfire on them when fans see the 5 hour SP with no Challanges ect. and a big chunk of fans boycott the game in protest.

I also think that new directer aint got nothin on Stig, and is a bit of a douche.

LOL and LOL.

Its hardly a ''milked'' franchise when we've only had one outing on PlayStation 3 so far :| Ascension will make it 2 outings on each format except PlayStation if I'm not mistaken.

Unwanted multiplayer? COD? Have you seen the video? It doesn't look like a mindless first person shooter to me. And as a new God of War fan (thanks to the HD Collections) I can honestly say I'm really looking forwards to the MP in Ascension, which in turn will prolong the life of the game after the single player. Which to be fair no one has seen or played so cannot confirm how long, or challenging its going to be.. Or even whether its going to be effected..

I think the MP looks rather intriguing, brutal and fun to play. And I have no doubts that Sony Santa Monica wont do a good job of both games modes :Thumbs:

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

Wretched_Hawk

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wretched_Hawk
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

Flying High!
/16

Devilworker2

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Devilworker2
Accepted Solution

The multiplayer looks alright so far, it's never going to be the thing that I look forward to because I usually buy games for the story but I always give the multiplayer a try if I can and I usually enjoy it...It'll be interesting to see how this one ends up

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Wretched_Hawk

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wretched_Hawk
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

God of War: Ascension

[ Edited ]
Flying High!
/16

mcmo57

69%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mcmo57
Accepted Solution

This new multiplayer looks great yet confusing, they should stick in a sort of mutilpayer tutorial mode like fighting bots so we can hone our multiplayer skills and know all the things we can do online.

Re: God of War: Ascension

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

TalllPaul

• Beta Tester
97%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TalllPaul
Accepted Solution
I am a God of War virgin, I played and enjoyed a lot the demo of *insert the title here as I can't remember* and Ascension looks even awesomer so I may grab the HD collection before this is released.
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

kiwiatlarge

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kiwiatlarge
Accepted Solution

TalllPaul wrote:
I am a God of War virgin, I played and enjoyed a lot the demo of *insert the title here as I can't remember* and Ascension looks even awesomer so I may grab the HD collection before this is released.

God of War - arguably best setting and level design. Hair pulling platforming and timed sequences though. difficult enough for many to give up on finishing the game.

God of War 2 - best all round game

God of War 3 - best show pony, but aside from the titan sequences I don't think it is the best PS3 game ever that many proclaim it to be. Most of the game is just PS2 era GoW in HD, the level design I don't think is as good, and the weapon/magic balance feels off..

CoO and GoS - PSP games and are great handheld games, but if I was to choose one game to play on the PS3 before Ascension, it wouldn't be one of those... certainly not CoO.

So if I was to play one game before Asencion, the first one would be the best choice, plus it'll make sense for story reasons... the second one is easier and a more fun game though, with more gameplay elements..

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Beta Tester
/16

Wretched_Hawk

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wretched_Hawk
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

Hey, I just got some free PSN codes from this website: ht...

Flying High!
/16

Raaawks

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Raaawks
Accepted Solution

so your 2 reasons are actually just 2 guessings. Cod is a cheap made game and even though GoW probably won´t have more sales only cus of MP, it´s still the way better game. The thing what annoys me about Cod is that even tho it´s such a *****ty game(yes i played it myself and experienced single+multiplayer) it sells like gold. Just cus people don´t know or don´t wanna know the actually good shooters out there.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Wretched_Hawk

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wretched_Hawk
Accepted Solution

God of War: Ascension – a closer look at the single player campaign

From the PlayStation Blog: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/01/19/god-of-war-ascension-a-closer-look-at-the-single-player-ca...

KvElephantaur-007-FINAL

Six months have passed since Kratos stood over the bodies of his wife and daughter, his hands stained with their blood – tricked by Ares into murdering the only people he ever loved. Swearing to avenge them, Kratos broke the blood oath that bound him to Ares, but oaths to Olympus are not so easily broken. This is where your journey in the story of God of War: Ascension begins…

…It has been well over six long, enduring months you’ve waited since your first look at our Ascension single-player campaign at E3 last year. So, as we get ready to close our multiplayer beta early next week, the time has come to focus on where Ascension and its story will take you this March. Here’s your first glimpse:

This trailer is only a quick taste. You didn’t think Ascension was only 30 seconds long, right?! We have more single-player details to unravel and showcase as we rage towards launch. Most importantly, in late February, we’re bringing you a full single player demo!

We’ll be announcing details in the coming weeks, but if you want to get in early (and earn a ton of exclusive in-game rewards), join the Rise of the Warrior experience at http://www.godofwar.com. We just re-launched with a refined interface and streamlined challenges, making your journey through its story to unlock rewards even better than before.

Stay tuned for more single-player details and be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Thank you again to all of our multiplayer beta warriors!

0 Kudos

Flying High!
/16

crackalakaling

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
crackalakaling
Accepted Solution
nice, hope it releases this year, as non of the other ps3 exclusives excite me this year.
0 Kudos

Re: God of War: Ascension revealed!

/16

Devilworker2

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Devilworker2
Accepted Solution

I was wondering when it would be set what with the events of god of war 3 and all that

although before he was known as the ghost of sparta would mean before he was tricked into killing his family...this could be interesting

0 Kudos

/16

KV-PAIN

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KV-PAIN
Accepted Solution

HEY GUYS I NEED A MASSIVE FAVOUR CAN SOMEONE SPARE ME A BETA KEY FOR GOD OF WAR ASCENSION OR AT LEAST SELL ME 1 PLEASE :( ??

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

TamKing

94%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TamKing
Accepted Solution

just had a go on the sp demo i got with total recall,The games looking all sorts of awsome.

graphics are gorgeous and combat was brutally violent,i also like the new fast forward/rewind time mechanics introduced to the game,repairing/decaying objects to manipulate the environment should add some nice puzzle elements into the mix,although really short the demo left me craving for more,looking forward to trying the mp beta.

0 Kudos

/16

deimos186

44%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
deimos186
Accepted Solution
I do not speak much English, but I will try to make his point! I know many people who play God of War: Ascension Multiplayer, it is played not only men but also women! What would you add to the game multiplayer character of women. For the ancient Greek mythology, were the wars such as the Amazon

Beta Tester
/16

McNeilio

• Beta Tester
95%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McNeilio
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

just got emailed this !!

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
/16

Muttykins

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Muttykins
Accepted Solution

It's the same trailer as the eu blog was hoping it would be a different trailer.

0 Kudos

Re: just got emailed this !!

Beta Tester
/16

McNeilio

• Beta Tester
95%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McNeilio
Accepted Solution
hadnt even heard about it til i seen the email mutts

0 Kudos

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
Award Winner
/16

fski

• Award Winner
97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fski
Accepted Solution

Yeah it was all over the net this week Mc.

Coming exclusively to Playstation Orbis via the orbis store as a digital download only don't you know ;)

(the above is a lie)

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel