19 Apr 2012
Playstation Staff

God of War: Ascension

[ Edited ]
120 Replies 4,189 Views edited 04-10-2012

226117-Gow.jpg

Thanks to a Kotaku update on Facebook, I've just seen the trailer for the new God of War game, titled God of War: Ascension.

Although no gameplay has been revealed, a very stylish animation was shown in the trailer, with everything suggesting that this new God of War game, will in fact be a prequel.

I know, we've had Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus on PSP, but this looks as though it'll be set in a time when Kratos had little to no inner demons and was just intent on destroying everything around him (killing Gods became his purpose but with all of the gods alive, set before the events of God of War 1-3, maybe we'll learn more about who he truly is/was as a mortal man).

It's been confirmed that God of War: Ascension will be a hugely ambitious title for PS3. Even more so than God of War 3, which is interesting to me as GoW3 was absolutely groundbreaking.

I personally can't wait for this, as God of War is my most favourite gaming series of all time (tied with Devil May Cry).

I'll be looking forward to seeing some gameplay and other new info as it's revealed (no doubt from E3 onwards), but in the mean time, follow this link to see the video:

Enjoy!

For more info on God of War: Ascension click here!

Monsters of Ascension: The Furies – Megaera (concept art, interview and more!)

http://blog.godofwar.com/monsters-of-ascension-the-furies-megaera/

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 121 (4,189 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

evidence mounts for god of war 4

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 121 (4,181 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: evidence mounts for god of war 4

Bring it on lol.

Just think how good GOW 4 could look and play knowing that according to Santa Monica Studio, God Of War III doesn’t even use half the power of the PS3 console?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 121 (4,175 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

i know could be very promising, 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 121 (4,167 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Wonder if this one will be 60 fps throughout the game? Or at least a rock steady 30 fps with huge levels and bosses ( even bigger than before if that's possible )

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 121 (4,155 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: God of War: Ascension revealed!

This is awesome!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 121 (4,165 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Great news indeed, just watched the trailer on the PS Blog.

Can't wait to see some gameplay footage.

EDIT

Here is a transcript of the trailer I have just done:

"Many know the legend of Kratos, the mortal turned God who brought down the very walls of Olympus, but there was a time before Kratos became the monster known as the Ghost of Sparta.

A time when something other than rage consumed him.

A time when, in spite of the madness that plagued him, Kratos would break his blood oath to an unjust God.

A time when he would no longer be bound in blood

God of War Ascension"

The question for me at the moment is where does it fit in chronologically, clearly it is before Ghost of Sparta but does that mean between GoW & GoS, between CoO & GoW or before all of them?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 121 (4,154 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Its a prequel to all of them following his rise before he became a God..

Newsbrief: Sony Santa Monica Studios has officially unveiled the next in the popular God of War action series, with a story that will explore the origins of main protagonist Kratos.

God Of War: Ascension, bound for the PlayStation 3, is a prequel to the rest of the series, following the Spartan warrior's rise. No specific details regarding a release date or whether the PS Vita will receive a version of the game have yet been divulged.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/168824/God_Of_War_Ascension_officially_unveiled_for_PS3.php?utm_s...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 121 (4,149 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

nice, hope it releases this year, as non of the other ps3 exclusives excite me this year.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 121 (4,128 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I was wondering when it would be set what with the events of god of war 3 and all that

although before he was known as the ghost of sparta would mean before he was tricked into killing his family...this could be interesting

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 121 (4,114 Views)
0 Kudos