11 Mar 2011
Playstation Staff

God of war, best order for story?

5 Replies 21,213 Views Created 11-03-2011
Hi everyone! Im new to PS3 and Psp and have just got me both consoles after playing God of War for half and hour at a mates. Ive also bought God of War 1 2 and 3 for PS3 and chains of olympus, ghost of sparta for psp go. Before i start playing, i was wandering what order i should play them in to get the best story line in chronilogical order. Obviously 123 are in order but were do the psp ones fit in? Thanks for the help
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (21,213 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: God of war, best order for story?

The main trilogy stand alone and you would get a full picture by playing just them.  The two PSP games fill in some backstory that occurs between the games (while leaving a tonne of room for future games).  If you want to do them chronologically, then the order is:

God of War Chains of Olympus
God of War
God of War Ghost of Sparta
God of War 2
God of War 3

You won't miss out if you play the PSP games out of sync but you need to play the main trilogy in order.  Hope that helps and enjoy a fanatastic series.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (21,178 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

I suggest when playing games, to play them in the order released... NOT the chronological order... there are elements of story telling that work best when relayed in the order the story was written..

The best example I can always think of is the MGS franchise... playing the Big Boss stories before MGS1 doesn't work for me...

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (21,160 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

God of War Chains of Olympus
God of War
God of War Ghost of Sparta

God of War Betrayel
God of War 2
God of War 3

i played 1-3 i feel like i didnt miss anything but if you havent played 3 yet then i suggest play the other ones. 3 is the best one and it spoils everything. i think god of war acension is before chains of olympus. you should definately play the other ones, one of them has a good "scene"

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (16,636 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hello fellow forum'ers I got a question and hopefully there is a way to do what this question ask, so here it is. Is there anyway to get or just play the Betrayal part of the God of War series?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (16,272 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

probably playable with some emulator. or just look walkthrough on youtube.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (16,219 Views)
0 Kudos